Thread: e36 325 competitive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another note. Chasis dyno comparing the 240 with sunbelt power to the e36 the restrictor needs to be at 31 or 32 mm to give the same power to weight ratio. There are alot of 240z out there with over 180hp at the wheels. I did use a different restrictor than the Raetech for the best result. The GCR defines what the restrictor must be and for how long. I dont buy into the theory that the restrictor has to bee as far from the intake valves as possible

Bobby Bitterman

If you find a fast ITS E36 check under the hood. I've heard of a few who just didn't bother with the restrictor. I don't believe tech ever checked ours, and they certainly didn't do the stall test.

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    If you find a fast ITS E36 check under the hood. I've heard of a few who just didn't bother with the restrictor. I don't believe tech ever checked ours, and they certainly didn't do the stall test.
    Not true, when I raced ITS w/ restrictor, SCCA Tech made me open my hood and show them the SIR...I broke the track record with it @ Mid Ohio, with medocare suspension.