Thread: is a mk2 16v competitive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Emailed them today so we will see what comes back. As soon as I get a reply I will post it.
    James Coyne
    CFR
    1987 VW Golf 16V STL
    coyneracing.com

They say it will be addressed at the next meeting and will be posted in the fastrack. we will see.
    James Coyne
    CFR
    1987 VW Golf 16V STL
    coyneracing.com

Kirk,

My comment was related to post #54. Going as far back as the 2000 ITCS, FI cars were adjust the fuel mixture by changing the resistance values going from the sensors to the computer. Based on the way things are in that ITCS, looks like the alternate needles / jets for the carbs was new for 2000.

Alternate needs/jets were allowed starting with the very first national IT rules in 1985.

http://it2.evaluand.com/gti/downloads/ThisisIT.pdf

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Alternate needs/jets were allowed starting with the very first national IT rules in 1985.

http://it2.evaluand.com/gti/downloads/ThisisIT.pdf

K
    Kirk,

I based my comment off the way the text in the 2000 ITCS was formatted. There were vertical bars on both sides of the paragraph, and the following text was in quotes:

"Alternate needle valves are permitted. Removable jets may be replaced or resized."

The convention then, was to identify a paragraph that had changed since the prior year, w/ the vertical bars. The new / altered text was in italics. Maybe that stuff was already there, but they just diddled the language a bit. Sorry if I had it wrong, but that's the oldest GCR I could find in my bookcase.