Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 87 No Start

I didn't put all the things in the original post that I've done trying to get this thing started but the fuel tank was cleaned, the fuel lines were cleaned, the fuel filter is new, new fuel,jumped the fuel pump and ran into a jar to make sure it flowed well, put a pressure gauge on it, went to 65psi sounded like the pump was straining so I stopped. Tonight I pulled the intake off checked for volage to primary and secondary injectors had 12.6 volts tested with ohm meter the primary ground while rotating the cas the reading went all over the place. So I wasn't sure what reading i was looking for I checked the secondary the same way and the reading never changed so I would say the primary ground was cycling. Then I applied 12 volts to the injector and man that was hilarious!! I was trying to apply voltage with allagator clips and blow through the injector with my mouth and turn the battery charger on and not have the thing go to ground in my face. I thought man no wonder you haven't got this thing goin' in seven years, your to stupid to walk out of the house......so I made a test rig and ran 25 psi of air to the injectors. One secondary was not working very good just dripping so I ran carborator cleaner through it and fixed that one. On the primary, one worked fine the other was dead. I had to tap on it twice and ran carb cleaner through it three times and now its working great. All injectors have 2.5 to 2.6 ohms. I will try to get some time to start it Sunday, to late tonight. (I have good neighbors) I think I'm making great progress thanks to all who have helped me on the fourm. Thank You Ron
    Last edited by ITS57; 06-21-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Great. Looks like you're making progress.

You weren't specific, but don't apply 12V directly across those injectors or you might burn out the coil. They need the series resistor to limit the current.

Even if you get it running, you probably want to either replace those injectors, or better yet, get them professionally cleaned and flow-tested. There are several places you can send them that will do a great job.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Put the thing together and turned the key.....it didn't turn over maybe two times and fireed up like nothing ever happend!!!!! It runs great!!!!
    It doesn't idle smooth but that may be the injectors need cleaned or replaced like you said Marty. I just want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart!!!! If it wasn't for you all helping me it would have been a long time before it was running. THANK YOU!!!! Ron

Congratulations!! Now your car runs and you understand the system so you can fix future problems. If you don't have someone close to check out those injectors you can send them to me. I have an injector service machine to do them right. I normally do just my own but I will check yours free for a future ITS driver.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Thank You Steve for your help and generosity! I will take you up on that offer when you get the time. Thank You Ron