Thread: Road Atlanta Double SARRC / Pro-IT

Default Road Atlanta Double SARRC / Pro-IT

Just wanted to let you know registration is now open for the July 17-19 Double SARRC / Pro-IT / PDX at Road Atlanta. This is the first Double SARRC we've had there since 2003, so register early and register often!

Links to the Supps, Schedule, and registration system are available at www.AtlantaSCCA.org.

Although it says this is a "new" registration system, this is the same one (MSR) we've been using all year. If you don't have an MSR account you'll be prompted to create one, but it's all pretty painless and even Fletcher was able to figure it out without too much trouble!

One small change to the schedule: I was informed over the weekend that "due to a major product launch" at the track on Thursday we will not be able to start Move-In until 8:00 that evening. We'll stay there later to get everyone moved in and the nice thing is it'll be cooler when you're unloading your rigs.

See y'all at the track...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Already signed up!

David,

I was checking the registration list and saw you're gonna be in the Pro-IT. Are you going to do the test day? I'll be there 'cause I'm really, really rusty and if you're there I could use some driving tips or any help you could give! It will be good to get back out there with another z, but its going to take awhile for me to get back up to speed. Are you dragging Mike with you? I haven't seen either of y'all for 6 years. Being back at Road Atlanta last month was great, I was surprised that there were people there that I recognized. The Cottrells were still running and the Robertson were there with several generations, including a new one. And Eddie Radatz had a car entered so I wasn't a complete stranger. And Fletcher is still there too.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Donnelly; 06-28-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Default Wd-40.....

Good to hear your back on the track Tom..... Much has changed in my life last 6 years, but I'm still driving a 240z and still having a blast, although not as often ....well, On my third body now...bought Tony Rogers old car, Bet you remember that one!!! I'll be glad to run some with you on practice day.... if all is working....Car is in the trailer, ready to go now. Mackaman should be there.

2 weeks and counting.......

david
    30 year old ITS car

Been working for a year to get the old 944 back on the track and it's finally ready. I'll make sure and leave you plenty of room to get by.....
    timo

Quote Originally Posted by dspillrat View Post
    ...bought Tony Rogers old car, Bet you remember that one!!! I'll be glad to run some with you on practice day.... if all is working....Car is in the trailer, ready to go now. Mackaman should be there.

2 weeks and counting.......

david
    I'm glad Tony's car ended up with someone who appreciates it. If I hadn't already bought Larry's car, I woulda bought Tony's. I would have replied sooner but the BMW busted it's expansion tank at lunch today. Went from cool to hot in seconds and had to shut it down in busy Atlanta traffic at 12:00. All that was missing were the spec piranha's and it would have been a Pro-IT.

2 240z's and a 944. And probably a 325 and an Acura. And maybe another z if we're lucky. Cool.

Hey Butch -

Even if we can't get into the track until 8:00 on Thursday, will registration still be open at the advertised time? I.e., can we register at 5, even if we have to wait until 8 to actually get in? Thanks
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by timo944 View Post
    been Working For A Year To Get The Old 944 Back On The Track And It's Finally Ready. I'll Make Sure And Leave You Plenty Of Room To Get By.....
    About Time!
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post
    About Time!
    Yeah no s#%t..... What about you? I noticed your not signed up. Is the 300 ready yet?
    timo

Registration Thursday night will be open from 5 - 7 so take advantage of it while you wait to get in.
    Tom Sprecher

Actually, Thursday evening Registration for the test day and the Double SARRC will still open at 5:00 but all have agreed to stay until after 8:00 as well. You can still sign the track waiver and move in even if Registration is closed, but I'm guessing Tom will want to start his serious drinking as soon as possible so I wouldn't plan on getting there after 9:00 or so.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion