Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were king for a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    And, just for the hell of it, I'd allow removal of the washer bottle. Hey, I'm the king, go pound sand. - GA
    You mean washer bottles can't be removed!!!!!!????????

2 words - battery relocation!

Oh, and -100 lbs for the Peons!
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    How about jack pads, limited size, but enough so that the frame is protected.
    Very good idea. My car has been jack-assaulted so many times I'm not sure where to put the jack...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

First thing I would do as King for a Day is increase the Kings reign to a lifetime term, then I would get a bunch of Frickin sharks with Frickin laser beams to do away with all the King's naysayers. Then I'd make Jake Gulick try to outswim them cause I know he's a good swimmer, then I would make Greg Amy offially change his first name to The. I would also take away 4th and 5th gears from Andy and make him run LRP in an 8hr enduro. I would make Dave Gran race....I would give the Blethens and endless supply of duct tape for repairs......I would break the tip off of Ben Phillips' pen....I would give Crazy Joe a 360 degree bumper for his car like a bumper boat.

Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    First thing I would do as King for a Day is increase the Kings reign to a lifetime term, then I would get a bunch of Frickin sharks with Frickin laser beams to do away with all the King's naysayers. Then I'd make Jake Gulick try to outswim them cause I know he's a good swimmer, then I would make Greg Amy offially change his first name to The. I would also take away 4th and 5th gears from Andy and make him run LRP in an 8hr enduro. I would make Dave Gran race....I would give the Blethens and endless supply of duct tape for repairs......I would break the tip off of Ben Phillips' pen....I would give Crazy Joe a 360 degree bumper for his car like a bumper boat.

LOL,
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by ekim952522000 View Post
    Have you ever heard of open road racing in nevada were depending on safety equipment they give you a target speed to maintain for the whole 90 mile run. It is done on closed public highways and your goal is to stay as close to the target speed as possible like say 150mph. I bet cruise control would be nice for that.

http://www.openroadracing.com/index.html
    I remember the first time One Lap of America used the road coruse at ORP. Each car was supposed to fininsh one lap at an average speed of 50mph. You know what happened when they tried to maintain 50 all the way around!!!!!!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post

Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Limit all cars to a predetermined to a max and a min weight and then also a power to weight ratio.
    Buy every region a rolling road Dyno and test every last one of the competitors for that hp to weight ratio.... (EDIT AT THE EVENT... after the race.

Same with SM.
    Last edited by kgobey; 06-15-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Racer of old BMW's.
    MCSCC ITS Class E30 325is
    Racing where IT still exists: http://www.mcscc.org/

Quote Originally Posted by kgobey View Post
    Limit all cars to a predetermined to a max and a min weight and then also a power to weight ratio.
    Buy every region a rolling road Dyno and test every last one of the competitors for that hp to weight ratio.... (EDIT AT THE EVENT... after the race.

Same with SM.
    Have fun--they call it NASA.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    How about jack pads, limited size, but enough so that the frame is protected.
    It *just* occurred to me that a jack pad provision would allow me to get those air jacks Cameron has been agitating for...

Schwing!

K

Doc Bro for KING!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    1. Leave ABS as almost every car classed came with it.

Ducking now!!!
    ABS at 150 scares me, those systems are not designed for those speeds.

My Kingdom:

Cut the zip ties off the heater core and use it for target practice, same with the water bottle.

Cage rules is open, keeping the current rule as the minimum, include piercing the firewall to allow the cage to extend to where our feet are. (loved the cages this weekend at 24Hr of Lemans)

Lose the side glass.

Any Head and Neck system, though one would be mandated. (Sorry simple safety rule)

Any two way adjustable shock

Any motor/ transmission/ body mounts.
    Derek
    #76 ITR Toyota Celica GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Duc View Post

My Kingdom:

Cut the zip ties off the heater core and use it for target practice, same with the water bottle.

Cage rules is open, keeping the current rule as the minimum, include piercing the firewall to allow the cage to extend to where our feet are. (loved the cages this weekend at 24Hr of Lemans)

Lose the side glass.

Any Head and Neck system, though one would be mandated. (Sorry simple safety rule)

Any two way adjustable shock

Any motor/ transmission/ body mounts.
    Maybe the ABS on a Toyota isn't designed for those kinds of speeds, but my BMW and Porsche's are.

If I were king I'd make glue on vortex generators legal, kill the lift not the car. Also I'd either remove the front spoiler, or add a provision for a rear wing 10"x48" mounted no higher than 4" above the peak of the roof, depending on which side of the bed I woke up on Hey a guy who races a backward falling rain drop can dream??

ps.. I remove my support for Kirk "Tha Kang" Knetis and place behind Rob "Tha Tooffus" Bro
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 06-15-2009 at 09:19 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    Anybody who knows me will remember my moan about triangulated strut tower braces.

As King, I decree that you may now attach little thingy bars from your stayrod over to your engine cowl....and immediately proceed to go to town with the resulting suspension upgrades!
    Ooo.. I forgot that one, the dumb washer bottle thingy, and TOTAL removal of heat and AC... 2nd all of those, and I STILL couldn't hit minimum weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Duc View Post
    At what track do you get up to 150?
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    ... and I STILL couldn't hit minimum weight.
    What car?
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    What car?
    1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S. I was at minimum weight at 28yrs old, but at 44, I'm over (same car the whole time)

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    ...If I were king I'd make glue on vortex generators legal, kill the lift not the car. Also I'd either remove the front spoiler, or add a provision for a rear wing 10"x48" mounted no higher than 4" above the peak of the roof...
    HAH! You don't have a kingdom. You have an parallel universe!

:026:

K

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Maybe the ABS on a Toyota isn't designed for those kinds of speeds, but my BMW and Porsche's are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar
    At what track do you get up to 150?
    Daytona, ran out 5th gear, at about 140 with smaller tires. 100+ on a ABS system engineered for the street, I would not want to try it. Driving on the highway and competition driving are two different driving models. Now a new ABS system, off of a newer application (BMW, Porsche, Audi ETC), maybe. But this is IT! And you were king for a day...

And on that note, add remove the 5yr rule to my list. If someone wants to run it let it be so.
    Derek
    #76 ITR Toyota Celica GTS

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    What car?
    Irish Mike (E46 328) was at 150 or better at Daytona. We got close with a draft. My numbers say the Supra could be near 160...

I'd plug the ABS in in a heartbeat if allowed, even on a 20 year old system.
    Last edited by GKR_17; 06-15-2009 at 11:51 PM.