Thread: Test Day at Heart of Dixie

Default Test Day at Heart of Dixie

Is in great danger of being cancelled. From the TVR RE:

"Let's see expenses for the Test Day will cost approx $7300.00 and of today we have 5.5 entries. Not very good numbers when there is $200 per entry.
    Now if you are interested but haven't entered the test day then please enter soon........ we don't have Obama to help us."

Even if you don't race that weekend and are in the area, this is a good value for a test session.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Any update on whether the test day is going to come off? I see we're up to 15 plus three halfs. Will that be enough?

Second (third?) question. How tight are the rules on test days? Specifically, if you have an up-to-date license, do you have to have all the up-to-date saftey equipment, such as SA2000 spec helmet and SFI/FIA label suit. A buddy is looking to run but has only SA95 and nomex (but unlabeled) suit. Will that be good enough?
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Default Help?

OK... I'm trying to register for the half day but I'm having trouble editing my entry. Motorsport reg just tells me I'm already entered for the event. I don't see an obvious edit button.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

I think Motorsportsreg still has some work to do on allowing edits after you register. I mistakenly entered my RX7 as an FP car (should have been my Capri instead.) Then I never could get it changed. The registrar and I tried a bunch of fixes, including cancelling the registration and resubmitting, and never could get it to change. So I now have an official National race finish for an FP Mazda RX7. That should confuse some people.

You're probably just going to have to call the registrar and let her know what you want to do.
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Just contact Betsy or Gail who are handling Registration to get in for the Practice Day.
    For Practice Day, you are responsible for you own inspection of the car and Safety Equipment. We don't plan to do that inspection for you.
    Bill

Sorry about the delay in responding Steve and Tom. I was getting the car set up yesterday. All new suspension and it took some time to corner weigh/align.

Bill is the MAN on this issue and it sounds like it is still on.

See you guys At NSS. Steve are you bringing the Testarossa? Found out yesterday I may be in Italy later this year. Hope to go to Maranello while I am there.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown