Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: School's Out Regional - LRP

Quote Originally Posted by moto62 View Post
    What would you have done? Be another moving schicane for Andy to lap!

Nice job to the A and IT7 group. I am always thrilled to be a spectator when the racing is exciting. IT7 was a blast. Congrats to Lou I on a spectacular win. Mike B gets the hard Charger award for starting the race in pit lane and piloting his ride to second place. That was a stellar run on Yokohama A008R's from 1994. No Kidding. Very nice meeting some new folks, Bruce G and Chris R. We will see you all at the Pig Roast next where we will probably be glorified spectators again.

Ray Lee Chee
    Ray..Thanks for taking the time to come over and chat. even though I thought you were talking about the "motor" from the Belair at first...LOL. You are a fountain of info and I look forward to dropping off the 7's Only 12a to you for repair.

Also thanks again to all of you that made the yellow #10's maiden voyage a blast and gave me steering room with no clutch or defroster!

Finally, all thanks to Mike George(and friends) from Autoworks Unlimited in Torrington, CT for wrenching, doing a beautiful paint job on my car(you should see the 58 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible he just restored for Skip Barber!!) and being a mentor on alot of car stuff. Mike is the flatbed driver for LRP and doesn't make any mistakes when "picking up the pieces". He's a good man to know at the track. Anyone needing bodywork and paint should talk to him.

Best Regards to all,

BruceG

Here are the official results from the ITR/S/B race.

Notes re/ITR:
    New Track Record ITR Rob Nimkoff 1:00.747 (his quali was half a second faster though, I wonder when the 1:00.00 falls)
    Auto Technic rental/guest starter Bruce Dalis (ITR) spun out early and did not finish race
    Light rain towards end of the race, but no significant impact
    Stewards investigated #36 jump start, no sanction

ITS: winner Jay Dedrick ran 1:01.624

ITB: winner Nat Wentworth ran 1:03.901

ITR race was only interesting in the first lap, then rather boring race with no further position changes, even though some lapping issues.

See attached for complete results. Thanks for signing the form Greg, and sorry you missed the race due to tech duty.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Easy to say that a 'Rob' was going to have a shot at winning ITR?

Nice to see ITR knocking on the 59.xxx door. I think Rob N. has been there in testing, no?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Indeed, the 'R' in ITR stands for Rob, I guess ;-)

I also believe he cracked the 59's on one of his track days, so it will happen sooner than later

Great race! I have to toss out a -BIG- thank you to Dano-Dick & Dave who talked JB and I into the last minute tire change! I never started a race from the pit lane-it was not all that bad i started catching the field before the lefthander! RAY-i think those tires are 1998 vintage (not 94)............But they worked very well! I think a HUGE nod has to go to my teamate John Swan IT7#81. JB has NEVER raced at LRP and in the morning practice had a electrical problem and never made in on the track! SO-he started the race-in the rain having never turned a lap! Great Job JB!!!! Great job everyone for keeping the race green in the rain it was a blast!

See everyone at NHMS!
    Mike B IT7#29

Quote Originally Posted by rthiele View Post
    Stewards investigated #36 jump start, no sanction

Great start....not jump start.

Let's be professional. If it was a jump start I would have been DQ'd.

From the GCR

"The race shall be underway throughout the field the instant the green flag is waived and passing may occur at any point....."

May Dad was at S/F on the radio calling out the green . Intersting that this is the first I've heard of this. Nuff said.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

I was right behind you at the start Doc...and I looked
    as carefully as I could at the video and although it is
    difficult to see, I'd say we were both legal....spot on yes,
    but still legal.

I'll try to post the video today

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

No reason to be upset, just the facts. Ask the stewards. Heard about it after impound and before the finals were released.

Does anyone have a copy of Group 7 results? Can you post it or email?

dmossaidis at gmail dot com

Thanks!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Here is my video from the ITR/ITS/ITB race in two parts:

http://video.yahoo.com/people/5915974

It took until lap 12 for Jay Dedrick to get me, but when
    he went by me, he was zooming!... 1:01.6 Jay...congrats!!!

also, it is neat to see Dave Maynard on three wheels though Big Bend

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of Group 7 results? Can you post it or email?

dmossaidis at gmail dot com

Thanks!
    sent. the site thought my PDF file was too big.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Thank u Jeff and Jake!

Never did publicly thank other folks...

Big thanks to my crew for pointing out that the speedsensor actually came unbolted from the tranny (Lord only knows how and when). Soon there after, we found out that the speedsensor signal not only goes back to the speedometer but the ECU as well - eek!

Big thanks for Greg Amy for helping me address the killswtich issue - which prevented the alternator from charging the battery.

Big Thanks to Jeff Lawton for allowing me to bust his balls and giving me great advice which neither of us followed (quote from Jeff, "I would put on the dirt stockers if I were you")... yeah I should of listened.

And big thanks for everyone for not crashing into me or each other.

For those that might not know, the aforementioned electrical issues plagued the car from the first hot lap in qual. Started 22nd out of a field of 22 with a HUGE LRP qual time of 3:02 - tee hee. As we all know, tire choice was shit for half the field, including for me. I was able to pass 4? cars at the start and another 2 more during the first couple of laps. As the race progressed, so did the rain and inversely proporiation was my speed. During the last lap, I slid past the turn in for Big Bend a few equally frustated drivers past me by. Denise stayed with me for MANY laps at the end of the race and got a well deserved pass!

Big congrats to Andy, Brian, Max and all the others - in all, I still a ton of fun and I'm REALLY happy that the bugs have been worked out.

until WGI...
    Last edited by mossaidis; 06-26-2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Big Thanks to Jeff Lawton for allowing me to bust his balls and giving me great advice which neither of us followed (quote from Jeff, "I would put on the dirt stockers if I were you")...

You just learned lesson #1 of race craft. Other racers will lie to you like there's no tomorrow. I was tellin' people the day before to put on Dirt Stockers!!

Hmmmmmm, did someone say "karma"??
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Onboards of the race:

Part 1
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Part 2
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. Local Track: Lime Rock Park

Great event!
    Thanks Mick for flagging the school with us on Friday-we had the best seats (so to speak) for the students' antics at Station 2 there. Hope it was fun for you, at least!
    Leigh, both Dan and Marianne did a spectacular job-the weekend went off without a hitch.
    Greg, Dick, Bill E.: it was nice to work with you when I could at Tech-easily the best way for volunteers to feel involved and connected with the drivers at a race.
    I was impressed to see several Lime Rock Club members running with us in either the school, regional, or both. The two organizations can coexist at LRP!
    Lime Rock Park has lots of gratitude for all the racers-I'm trying to help the track realize how expensive it can be-but especially for those in the ITB/R/S Impound where I was able to show some Foster Adoptive Mission families what our club is all about: good times racin'! I knew you guys would run clean-like all year-and that you'd enjoy the publicity. Those kids aren't going to wash those autographs away! The group has also pledged to come again next year-I think it can turn into a NARRC-Offs-Boy-Scout-Jamboree-scale event.
    I appreciate your kind comments Bob Z.-I'll send an e-mail.
    By the way Glenn, that's an awesome camera angle! Now we just need it in Rob's quality... :cool: Good vids guys.
    See you at NHMS
    Last edited by Magical Trevor; 06-27-2009 at 10:27 PM.
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    "Don't genius live in a lamp?"
    -Patrick Star
    NER Board Member