Thread: New 260Z Engine - Dyno Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How much is all this dyno time costing you? sounds like a professional setup with money to spare going on over there
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    How much is all this dyno time costing you? sounds like a professional setup with money to spare going on over there

Welcome to ITS in the Southeast. Most front runners are all out pro quality builds. Except T- Dub.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Welcome to ITS in the Southeast. Most front runners are all out pro quality builds. Except T- Dub.
    And me.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1171610

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1171611

Nice numbers Ron. Sounds like alot of work.

And the Mazda goes Hummmmmmm
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

I sure hope Ira's car in the new Grassroots was on a very optimistic dyno 183 hp and 167 ft-lbs!!! That kind of power at 2380 lbs is very hard to beat.

matt

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post
    I sure hope Ira's car in the new Grassroots was on a very optimistic dyno 183 hp and 167 ft-lbs!!! That kind of power at 2380 lbs is very hard to beat.

matt
    IRA who, and what kind of car??
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post

matt
    Greg Ira, Guy Marvin, 240Z we race against down here in the SE. Painted in a Gulf scheme. Nice fellows, excellent drivers.

No joke. If that is rear wheel hp then that'd be around 210hp at the flywheel. Stout.

But on the other hand my old motor put out right at around 168 rwhp on the same Dynojet we've been using for years. I sure hope the new motor will dyno at least little higher and that puts it in the ballpark. Heck, with A cars making 155+ whp and some S cars reported to be at 180+ you've got to be making serious power to be a contender.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 06-13-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Greg Ira, Guy Marvin, 240Z we race against down here in the SE. Painted in a Gulf scheme. Nice fellows, excellent drivers.

No joke. If that is rear wheel hp then that'd be around 210hp at the flywheel. Stout.

But on the other hand my old motor put out right at around 168 rwhp on the same Dynojet we've been using for years. I sure hope the new motor will dyno at least little higher and that puts it in the ballpark. Heck, with A cars making 155+ whp and some S cars reported to be at 180+ you've got to be making serious power to be a contender.
    Sam builds Greg's EP 240Z motors and Guy's ITS 240Z motors as well.

Ron, I agree the horsepower race is on but 183 in a 2380 lb car? I hope that is a misprint. The discrepancy between the torque and horsepower 183 vs 167 may be a clue that the HP is wrong. I thought the torque and horsepower were almost even on the early Datsuns.

matt

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    Definitely no money to spare now!

Steve would know what it takes to run upfront in ITS since he does that on a regular basis. I'm not to that point yet, driver or car, and it has been a long road to get as far as I have.

But I think it safe to say the SE ITS division is probably the strongest in the country. Some serious effort being put forth.

And look at the diversity: 260z, 240z, 280z, 280zx, BMW 323, E30 325, Miata, RX7, 944S, TR8, 190E, GSR, Prelude.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8