Thread: New 260Z Engine - Dyno Results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow New 260Z Engine - Dyno Results

I just recently returned from picking up my new LNA Enterprises (Sam Neave) 260Z ITS motor. Sam has been working on the engine for awhile and I'm impressed with the results of his build.

He started with a junkyard 260Z engine I picked up from Rex Diffenbaugh and spent a lot of time investigating the various specific parts of the 260Z (carbs, cam, head, exhaust). A a good many modifications over the setup I previously had were made and I think the results are pretty strong. Shown below is the engine dyno of the motor:

And in the following graph I show the Dynojet rear wheel hp of my current motor (RW HP and RW TQ) versus the new LNA engine (FW HP and FW TQ). Clearly we're looking at different dynos - rear wheel verus engine dyno, plus differences in conditions. But even so, it is pretty easy to notice the large differences in shapes of the curves and it would appear the new LNA engine is going to end up with more area under the curve. Clearly much has been optimized with the LNA engine. Good stuff.

And, just for fun I applied a correction factor to bring the rear wheel hp results of my current engine (Adj RW HP and Adj RW TQ) up to close to the LNA motor (FW HP and FW TQ) to better compare differences in the shapes of the curves.

I'm hoping to get the new engine in the car over the next few weeks and maybe bring it down to Road Atlanta. If I can't make it down there it isn't likely to get involved in another SARRC race until the SIC.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 06-10-2009 at 09:14 PM.