Thread: GingerMan National-Double Restricted Regional

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice shots Keith, but you should not have followed my line thru T1!!!
    Yeah, got one of the better starts I've ever had, to the point that apparantly the Stewards considered having a "talk" with me about it. But I have proof it was clean on my video. Now the agricultural racing at that point, that DID get me a bit of a talking to by a Steward, but my explanation was that I had a run and the lead SM saw me coming and crowded me (I would have done the same thing). So rather than hit him, or check up, I just put two off and let up so I did not improve position. Then of course my brakes went to sh%t and ended up with an off at T11 and filled the radiator full of weeds (they don't mow that particular corner apparantly). Had to pull in early with overheating. Had a great start Sunday as well, same SM in front of me, so I just hit him and pushed him down to T1 on that start. Brakes really went bad and had a complete failure on the right front half way thru. Glad I didn't hit anything, but the ensuing fire on pit road was rather amusing.....
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Your start looks pretty impressive on my video. I couldn't see the flag and by the time I moved over to see it, it was waving.

My off in turn 1 was because the Miata on the inside of me was in full brake lock up (can't see the smoke in my video). I was waiting for him to turn in... waiting... then at the last second he found some grip. At that point I was choosing between being right and doing body work.

Sweet video! Good editing.
    Jay "Rollo" Jenkins
    #71 ITA Dodge Neon "Snot Rocket"
    Murfin Racing