Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Registration is now OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    If the current pattern of registrations holds until the IT Fest weekend, it looks like Group 5 ITR/STU is going to have the fewest cars of any of the groups. And by a large margin.

I would hope that if this results in any combining of groups, that ITR/STU would be put with the ITS/ITB group. ITR can go with ITB without any real significant cutting of track running for the ITBs. The only other group that ITR/STU may be placed with (as far as car counts go)looks like Group 4 GTA/ITE/STO/AS. But I'd worry about those 6 or 7 stock cars making their 20-lap race into a 17-18 lap race for the ITRs.

And if anybody wants to whine extra long/loud about losing time on track, maybe one fewer race group will mean another 2-3 laps added to all the remaining groups.

Anybody want to weigh in on this? I just wanted to give my $0.02.
    Believe me the Chief Steward and I are watching this closely. We won't be putting you guys in with the Stock Cars. You may have some production cars (5 at this time) join you from group 2. We will keep an eye on it.

Todd
    Last edited by TAC; 07-14-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Greg, did you sign up on motorsportsreg.com? You can see the entry list on there.

My predictions as of right now:
    ITR - Ken Martin - RSX-S - yes, he's signing up eventually, and was real fast in his only outing last year. But can he beat KVSB?
    ITS - Rich Walke - RX-7 - an ARRC podium quality combination. Is Selby coming in KVSB's '08 winning car?
    ITA - Joe Moser - CRX Si - Mid Ohio is Joe's house, the rest of us are just paying rent. I'll take me 2nd and Hoppe 3rd - all Honda podium sweep. Will Bob show?
    ITB - Jeff Underwood - Civic DX - that's a real tough one. The better car/driver combos have little to no track time at Mid Ohio.
    ITC - Jinx Jordan - Civic H/B - he ran well last year, but Shearer might have something to say about this. Plus, will Vesa show?
    Kevin, thanks for the vote of confidence. I registered earlier today and plan on giving it my best shot. I was just a tenth off my lap record at BFR this past weekend under terrible track conditions. The car is running well.

Tim Selby told me in May he will be at M-O. He will be tough to beat. I beat him twice at RA in May, but that's my home track. The tables will be turned at M-O.

See you there!!
    Rich Walke
    ITS RX-7 # 61

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Walke View Post
    Kevin, thanks for the vote of confidence. I registered earlier today and plan on giving it my best shot. I was just a tenth off my lap record at BFR this past weekend under terrible track conditions. The car is running well.

Tim Selby told me in May he will be at M-O. He will be tough to beat. I beat him twice at RA in May, but that's my home track. The tables will be turned at M-O.

See you there!!
    Rich,

Glad to hear your coming down and I do hope to see Tim again. I'm curious to see how the ITS Miata does with him driving. I know Kip walked away from the field in it last year.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Rich,

Glad to hear your coming down and I do hope to see Tim again. I'm curious to see how the ITS Miata does with him driving. I know Kip walked away from the field in it last year.

Todd
    At Grattan Memorial weekend he said it felt a lot more twitchy than the RX-7 - didn't feel very comfortable yet. Still won both days.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    At Grattan Memorial weekend he said it felt a lot more twitchy than the RX-7 - didn't feel very comfortable yet. Still won both days.
    Are you planning on making the show this year Marty?

Are you planning on making the show this year Marty?
    I wish. Santa didn't bring any tires this year, and last year's were only good for half an event. I'll miss it greatly and plan to be there next year.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    ITC
    No Shawn or Vesa yet
    1st Bill Shearer or Fred White too close to call. Both deserve the overall and really mixed it up with Shawn and Vesa last year.
    2nd Who ever doesn't get 1st.
    3rd Jim hardesty

No love for Jay? He's leading GL ITC points and I've never finished ahead of him.
    Jim, since I'm your sponsor. What do I owe you if you finish on the podium? I'm thinking a tasty Miller Lite in a can. Also, I demand 20% of your trophy if you do.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    Jim, since I'm your sponsor. What do I owe you if you finish on the podium? I'm thinking a tasty Miller Lite in a can. Also, I demand 20% of your trophy if you do.
    20% eh?
    Ill bring the saw...
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    I wish. Santa didn't bring any tires this year, and last year's were only good for half an event. I'll miss it greatly and plan to be there next year.
    Marty,

Sorry to hear. Come on down, drink beer and crew for someone.

YUCK!! I'd hate ANY beer in a can. Gotta be out of glass/plastic or the keg for me....

Heck, I don't even like cola out of a can!
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

If I finsih on the podium the beer will be pre-iced since hell will likely be frozen over. I'll do what I can though. It's got to make you feel good that my first goal is beat Jay. New tires sitting here in the iving room though.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    If I finsih on the podium the beer will be pre-iced since hell will likely be frozen over. I'll do what I can though. It's got to make you feel good that my first goal is beat Jay. New tires sitting here in the iving room though.

Ive got my new tires stacked in the laundry room
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Default Group 5 registration surges....

...by one car. Yeah, I just did my registration on-line... The first new Group 5 entrant in over a week!

Any other ITR cars wanna come out and play? Marty? What about the NASA guys? After all, wasn't STU (and STO) created just for them?
    Last edited by RedMisted; 07-17-2009 at 01:33 PM.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    ITA - Joe Moser - CRX Si - Mid Ohio is Joe's house, the rest of us are just paying rent.
    Very well put Kevin
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

There are a lot of new faces this year. I think the battle at the front is going to be crowded. 104 entries!

Here's the latest I.T. count. 104 entries overall

ITA...19
    ITB... 10
    ITC....8
    ITR....4
    ITS....9
    IT7....1
    ITE....5

All classes except IT7 ( due to car count at this time) are eligible for the Hoosier contingency!

1st place 2 Hoosier racing tires ( 3 competitors in class)
    2nd place 1 Hoosier racing tire ( 5 competitors in class)

Todd

Todd,

is there a place on the registration site to add guest/crew? i was in it updating the home region info and did not see it.

tom
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    Todd,

is there a place on the registration site to add guest/crew? i was in it updating the home region info and did not see it.

tom
    Tom,

Not a problem. It was a registration question but not a requirement. Each person signs the waiver in your particular file at the track anyhow. Just make sure they let registration know they are with you. They can come in with or without your presence. If you would like us to put the info in online you can contact Starla McCauley at [email protected] she can input the data.

todd

Hi everyone,

109 entries here's how the groups are shaping up

Group 1....ITA, IT7, ITC ...............30
    Group 2.....SRF, HP, FP, EP, GTL.....17
    Group 3.....ITS, ITB......................19
    Group 4.....ITE, GTA, AS, STO........14
    Group 5.....ITR, STU......................6
    Group 6....SM, SSM......................23

The chief steward and I are watching group 5 closely. Imho we will not absorb ITR and STU into another race group but may move a class(es) back into group 5. One option is moving the production cars . That totals (6) right now. Unless of course there are a bunch of ITR and STU drivers that haven't registered yet....that makes the point moot.

Todd

Hi everyone,

109 entries here's how the groups are shaping up

Group 1....ITA, IT7, ITC ...............30
    Group 2.....SRF, HP, FP, EP, GTL.....17
    Group 3.....ITS, ITB......................19
    Group 4.....ITE, GTA, AS, STO........14
    Group 5.....ITR, STU......................6
    Group 6....SM, SSM......................23

The chief steward and I are watching group 5 closely. Imho we will not absorb ITR and STU into another race group but may move a class(es) back into group 5. One option is moving the production cars . That totals (6) right now. Unless of course there are a bunch of ITR and STU drivers that haven't registered yet....that makes the point moot.

Todd
    Todd:

Thanks always for keeping us posted on the latest developments. As for ITR, have you asked Marty (black Porsche 944s) if he's coming back? I don't know how to get in contact with him but I know he was having transmission troubles a couple weeks ago.
    And is Ken Martin still planning to come?
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang