Thread: 240z Brake Pad Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tom,

What if you fabricated a duct that was 3" wide by 2" tall? That would leave 1/2" top and bottom on the chin spoiler. I fabbed a duct from sheet alumninum that tapered into a 3" circle. I just formed the sheet into a cone shape, rivited it together, and cut the front to match the shape of the hole in the air dam. I worked with paper templates first until I got to a final configuration. I did it because I couldn't find a duct sold that was small enough for the Z car car. I wish I had a decent picture.

If you're at Road Atlanta in July, I'll find you and show you what I did if you want. It cost me like $4.00 per duct.

Tom

Tom,

I re-read your post. You mean you can duct the air dam but not the chin spoiler? I hope that's not right.

Tom

I guess I should have been more clear. I am not legally prohibited from putting a duct in the chin spoiler, it's just that if you put even a 2" tall duct in a 3" tall spoiler, the structural integrity goes to pot. First time you run through the grass, you're likely to rip the whole thing apart. I use the "stock car" plastic, which is flexible and will take off road excursions just fine, but only if you don't cut most of it out for a brake duct.

If my front valance were further off the ground and I had room to run a 6+" tall spoiler, I'd put a duct in the spoiler. But I can't. Maybe I should just raise the ride height by 3 inches in the front to solve the problem?
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by TomL View Post
    I use the "stock car" plastic, which is flexible and will take off road excursions just fine, but only if you don't cut most of it out for a brake duct.

If my front valance were further off the ground and I had room to run a 6+" tall spoiler, I'd put a duct in the spoiler. But I can't. Maybe I should just raise the ride height by 3 inches in the front to solve the problem?
    I remember you passing me in the grass on the left just before the esses once. I think you handle off-road excursions just fine.

Hey Tom, If I didn't get the last ones, Pegasus has HT-10's in stock.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Ok, thanks Paul. I think you found the brake drums the last time too.

Keep looking!