Thread: Brake Ducting on a 1989 Honda CRX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Brake Ducting on a 1989 Honda CRX

I want to put ducting on my ITA CRX, but there doesn't seem to be alot of room to work with. I was hoping someone could give me some tips or even better, pictures, of their ducting.

Thanks

Jesse Draper
    #08 ITA Honda CRX Si

unfortunately you pretty much have to squish the tube. we ran our CRX from the 90-91 bumper holes then up high and alongside the bumper horns (squish the tube here) using zip ties through factory holes to secure the tubing. when it gets to the LCA, point it at the brake and route as best you can. remember to ensure that you have no contact from lock-lock and adequate free length too.

tricks:
    force bends by poking holes through the fabric of the duct up and downstream of the radius you want, on the insde of the radius. fish a zip tie through these holes and pull it as tight as needed. the tie will pull the reinforcing coils together and make a "permanent" bend.

you can mount the duct the same way, just have the tie gather 1-2 coils of the reinforcement.

sorry - no pics

Jesse, we can show you at M6 on Blet's CRX. Don't use 3". 2.5" is the way to go.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

3" will fit... kinda... but not well. 2.5" should be much easier but there really isn't much room to work with.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    Jesse, we can show you at M6 on Blet's CRX. Don't use 3". 2.5" is the way to go.
    seeing it would help for sure. I am a visual learner...

Jesse Draper
    #08 ITA Honda CRX Si

as inexpensive as possible would also be good

Jesse Draper
    #08 ITA Honda CRX Si

Default SBMS Racing Brake Ducts

I haven't made these in a while (although I sold quite a few a while back) because it is pretty time consuming, but give me a call and we can chat about it.

I know a number of people who have them still use them and since they are light and strong they will last, and yes you need to use 2.5" hose
    Attached Images Attached Images