Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is $350 for a single day regional a record?

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    OK, hear is how we build a series,
    1) 5 events, one at each track(NHMS, NJMP, Pocono, Glen and runoff at LRP), one event a month
    2) Only 5 race groups, top five based on prior years particapation
    3) It's a traveling event same format at each track
    Sat. AM practice/qual.
    Sat.PM Qual.race
    Sun. AM Qual. race(best time from Sat. race)
    Sun. PM Main Race (finishing position from AM race)
    4) No throw away race but if you pay entry fee you can still receive points, same for DNF
    5) LRP will be a shared event
    Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals per event, no money

Lots of track time, have schedule out early so eveyone can plan ahead!

If other race groups want to play, they will need to get their numbers up!
    This is a great idea that would make me participate in this series in a heartbeat! almost!

1.) Yes I agree
    2.) I would rather see all race groups be involved, however higher subscribed groups get to go first then the next and so on to the lowest subscribed going last. this will benifit the bigger groups because they will get to run in case of a major incident, and they get to leave early if they want to!
    3.) I completly LOVE this format! PERFECT and the only thing I would add is that TIMED races would be better use of the track than laps. We (Regions) don't pay rental fees for laps we pay for the time we are on it! USE THE ENTIRE DAY... currently events over and over again end Early when we paid to use the track until the end of the day on Sunday! (Or saturday for the purpose of this thread)
    4.)Points system doesn't matter to me as much as the #of weekends and I agree 5 or so weekends is perfect! 1 per month! no drops
    5.) something like a $10 fee per event per entrant that goes towards the end of year NARRC championship to help pay rental costs?

I would also say that medals are a great prize... and only have them for the series race sunday afternoon. Maybe also allow drivers to purchase a medalion holder that would have a plaque for the current year competition or something along these lines so that if you do get a medal you can display it. maybe add in a picture holder that you can slide a picture of your car into

Stephen

Jerry,

I like the concept.

Doesn't LRP have some funny restrictions on Friday racing? Is this not why there were two qualifying sessions for the two Saturday races when a 'double' was tried? Would a qualifying race get around this?

I have no objection to a qualifying race. The choice would be to grid cars by lap times or by finishing position from the qualifier.

I personally would rather have one 30 minute timed race than two 15 minute races. It also saves the minutes getting groups off track and getting the next one out.

DZ
    Last edited by Dave Zaslow; 06-08-2009 at 06:58 AM.