Actually the apron is the shortest distance around the track

But, no I am not suggesting running the apron but you can use the apron for passing w/o any issues.

I think most of the people that have issues with the transition are going too deep on the banking before turning in towards turn 1. The area I am talking about is the arc you have to drive before you get to 1. I don't know what to call the area, when I worked the track we called the flag station near there Alpha.

Now the gators at the exit of the infield onto the back straight are a different matter. Please correct me if I am wrong, gators, rumble strips, whatever are put there to provide an incentive to drivers to keep their car on track not provide additional racing surface. Yes, I know many places you can drive right over a rumble strip w/o any consequence and it makes for a faster corner. At NSS, you will pay a price for getting too far onto the strips. I know I ripped a brake duct off last year but it was my fault.

Rob, Come on over and have fun with us. The track may not be as challenging as Barber, CMP, RA, etc but it is fun and the hospitality is great!!