Thread: Transitions at Nashville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

the only really bad transition i noticed in the miata was coming from close to the wall on the back straight and trying to dive into the bus stop.

Turn 1 transition is not hard if you get on the apron early, or stick it out till the cones.

other then that, the garages are amazing, the facilities are always clean, and the track is easy to drive fast becuase there is plenty of run off room which adds some confidence.
    Last edited by ITA_Rx3; 06-06-2009 at 11:22 AM.

the bus stop area I don't really see the need to dive down into, the left hander is faster than the right, get on the apron early and smooth it out.(not all the way down, more like the dsr video) This if from memory about 4-5 years ago before the curbs. I was not racing so I may feel differently when I get to the track. But from memory you don't really give much up to get down early, only place it might be an issue is exiting onto the back straight. I'll have to see if I feel Like I can stay down and slowly come up onto track at that point. I don't think the dsr line would be slower in a fendered car and you won't complain about transistions.