Yesterday was only my 7th race so bare with me if this is a stupid question. I had my first incident where I tried a pass by out braking on the inside going into a turn and went in a little too hot and I was unable to keep the car down on the apex.

I ended up about 1 1/2 car widths off of the apex, leaving about 1 car width (at best) for the other guy. I don't know if he ended up taking the outside line or if he had to check up to keep from hitting me.

I went over to him after the race and appologized for the incident. He acted like he didn't expect an appology but admitted that it did surprise him a little.

My question is; at the time the incident happened, I felt I needed to acknoledge to him that I messed up and I was sorry. So I ended up waving an open hand to him. After doing so, I realized that it could have been misinterpreted to mean that I was checking up or that I was an ass and was waiving bye bye or sarcastically thanking him for giving up a pass.

So, is there a sign for "my bad" or should I not worry about it until after the race is over?