Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry bout that ???

Quote Originally Posted by backformore View Post
    Steve,

He was probably just admiring the great looking numbers on the car and didn't even notice!

Funny... yeah he probably was. And good memory.
    Steve Beckley
    Walkersville MD
    MARRS #87 ITB MR2

Steve,
    Are you talking about your pass on me in turn 1? If so, I had to go onto dirty track, but I had plenty of track left; besides, I may have left YOU more room than I needed to, and therefore was wider than necessary. To be honest? I don't recall seeing your hand gesture at all, as I was still out in the marbles, and a little busy : )
    Historically, I know that when driving I can see the difference between a shaken fist, and an open hand up, which I take as "thanks for not taking me out, maybe I could have done that a little better". I think an open hand can be calming.
    As stated by others, though, coming and talking about it with me was the right thing to do, and I appreciated it. At the same time, don't feel bad about that pass - you were wider than I had hoped, but technically, it was fine, legal, and over time, you'll get them cleaner.
    Dave Youngren
    NER ITA RX7 #71

Quote Originally Posted by dyoungre View Post
    Steve,
    Are you talking about your pass on me in turn 1? If so, I had to go onto dirty track, but I had plenty of track left; besides, I may have left YOU more room than I needed to, and therefore was wider than necessary. To be honest? I don't recall seeing your hand gesture at all, as I was still out in the marbles, and a little busy : )
    Historically, I know that when driving I can see the difference between a shaken fist, and an open hand up, which I take as "thanks for not taking me out, maybe I could have done that a little better". I think an open hand can be calming.
    As stated by others, though, coming and talking about it with me was the right thing to do, and I appreciated it. At the same time, don't feel bad about that pass - you were wider than I had hoped, but technically, it was fine, legal, and over time, you'll get them cleaner.

Yes, that is the pass in question. I was beyond turn 2 by the time I waived that I was sorry so you were out of the marbles by then. (I've been re-thinking my choice of black gloves for the very reason that hand signs are probably not very visible)

I appreciate your comments regarding the situation.

I know we weren't racing for class position, but I still had a blast. I was right, you did push me to my personal best lap time (about six times)

Hopefully see you at MARRS 5
    Steve Beckley
    Walkersville MD
    MARRS #87 ITB MR2

As someone else mentioned, I wouldnt think this is the kind of thing that should require even a second thought. Certainly does not require an apology.

However, if you want to meet the other guy just to say hi, since you are new, then that is fine.
    Even experienced racers make mistakes.
    I've had runoffs champions that I was racing with dive inside of me, lock up the brakes, and slide completely off the track (yeah, you have to check up for that sort of thing).
    Didnt bother me and I didnt expect to see them in the pits afterwards. No harm, no foul sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by backformore View Post
    Steve,

Hell, every SM race would have to end with a group hug if every bump or nudge was an incident.
    The thought of 45+ SSM drivers gathering in pit road to sing "Kum Ba Yah" is just too much!
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged