Below is a draft of a letter I am going to send to the CRB. I believe a problem exists and would like some feed back as to whether I am on the right track and if anyone sees a problem with unintended consequences.

Dear CRB,
I am concerned about how to best mount a racing seat in class where there are limitations on the number of cage attachments points. It seems to make sense to attach the seat to the roll cage rather that to attach it to the sheet metal floor only. In my understanding of the current rules it is fairly simple to fabricate a frame or basket to support the seat and attach it to the cage at the rear of the seat. The basket can also be attached on the driver’s side to the door bars. The problem comes when you try to secure the right hand side of the “basket” to the tunnel it becomes an additional roll cage attachment point.
I would like to find a way to securely mount a seat to the chassis and the cage without violating the number of attachment points. I certainly do not want any rule change to inadvertently allow substantial chassis stiffening that would allow a competitive advantage.
If the CRB agrees that an issue exists and a stronger seat structure should be allowed maybe a rule such as below would be possible.
Mounting structures for racing seats may attach to the floor, cage and or center tunnel. Seat mounting points forward of the main hoop, between the centerline of the car and the driver’s side door bar and rearward of the front edge of the seat bottom are not considered cage attachment points in classes with limitations on the number of attachments.