Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 hours of Nelson

Default 12 hours of Nelson

Ok lets see a show of hands whos coming or thinking about coming. At $500 it should be a no brainer!

Roland

Roland,

What is the date? This sounds like something I would love to do... Maybe I can convince someone to go I've never been to nelson! How many drivers usually participate in a 12 hr race?

Stephen

Pit Stop???
    lol
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hahn63 View Post
    At $500 it should be a no brainer!
    I'm "in" for any $500 12-hour ride someone has available...PM me.

Greg you're smarter than that - the $500 is the team entry fee. (then again you turned me down last year to be part of the 24 hour that we went on to win overall!)

Stephen - look for 3 drivers, you could do 12 hours w/ 2 but it would be a long day. Nelson is pretty easy on brakes, but hard on everything else.

3-J's / Wild Child hand-delivered an "intent to enter" to the Registrar last weekend, during the StCt National.

Not sure what we'll be driving...but we'll be there. Trying to find a car to match all the rubber we have.

$41.67 an hour. And we'll drive in the dark, too !

NL is a terrific track. A bit bumpy in places, but who needs four wheels in contact all the time. Adds to the fun.
    The NEOhio people who put this race on are excellent hosts. Come and meet them.
    Iron Dragon ran the races with the 280Z when they were 12 hours.Varied success but always fun and we won ITS in 2006
    In 2007-08 we ran as Rhinocerous Racing in Tommy's Miata and won SM last year.
    We will definitely be part of NL 12 in 2009 and I hope others from NER and other Northeast Div clubs will make the trip.
    It's worth the drive and the entry fee is a bargain.

Plenty of camping area at the track.
    Plan ahead about motels - this part of Ohio doesn't have a lot to offer.
    Newton Falls is where to look for stuff.

Think about this: 95% of SCCA racers have never made a fuel and driver change pit stop. And of those less than half have ever driven a road course at night.
    Here's a chance to do some real driving.
    Enter Up!!

Bill Miskoe

It took a while to cement the relationship but I came to LOVE NL. I thought of it as the "24 hours of tarmac rally."

K

Yup! Were in..Already sent in our $100 bucks for intent to run. We are going with a 3 man team. Can't wait to see how we fight as to whom gets to run at night.

As of those whom are on the fence. Ask yourself this, were and when can you get a total of 12 hours of track time, let alone 12 hours of track time in a racing situation, you can't. Heck, just sign up for this, run as far as you can until your cars breaks or you get tired. Imagine how much your learn about yourself, your car and your driving abilities. This is an awesome deal that they are offering us and we should all be taking advantage of it. My team is going there to win, why would we not want to win, but, if we don't, I get to go home on Sunday morning ( that's gonna hurt ) and tell everyone that I got to drive over 4 hours in intense racing, got to make pit stops with driver changes, got to run at over 120 miles per hour in the dark and not be able to see where I was going....How awesome..I cannot wait.

Sorry to rant, I just hope you will all think about it. I would love to see over 30 teams there.

PS, if anyone has some brand new and also free tires they would like to get rid of please let me know just kiddin....but...........
    Michael Lattanzio
    BMW 325i IT-S #25
    Sewickley BMW

Excellent plugs for the events, all! Now heres the deal, I need 30 cars this year, I really need more , but if we can hit 30 I can keep the event alive for next year. If we can pull together and do this then I might in a year or two get the 24 back but I need all of your help. Thanks to all of you who have raced with us in the past and we welcome those who will be joining us for the first time. For infomation please visit www.nelsonledges.com

Thanks again to all of you. Lets past the word along and get some cars to this race!!

Roland

Hi,

Would anyone know when the deadline for entries might be for this race. I know it's still early but the race is about 12 weeks away and we need to get the car ready to go...But, if no one is coming then there will be no need to spend all of the extra money. i am reall hoping this events get over 30 teams, hopefully the region is doing everything they can to promote it. I have been telling everyone I can about it but I can only do so much.

Thanks in advance for any help and maybe even somehow a weekly update of entries.
    Michael Lattanzio
    BMW 325i IT-S #25
    Sewickley BMW

Don't wait for others to sign-up, this is how low turnouts happen. You'll have plenty of us to race not to mention the clock it self!

FYI to all:

Someone has started a rumor that we might cancel the race for this year. THE RACE WILL BE RAN NO MATTER WHAT! If you have any questions or concerns please post them here or contact me via email [email protected]

Thanks to all that have already signed up and to those still waiting to see if any cars show up ...they will and you'll have a great time!

Roland

FYI to all:

Someone has started a rumor that we might cancel the race for this year. THE RACE WILL BE RAN NO MATTER WHAT! If you have any questions or concerns please post them here or contact me via email [email protected]

Thanks to all that have already signed up and to those still waiting to see if any cars show up ...they will and you'll have a great time!

Roland

I was just going to post that up here....
    you're speedy with that, Roland.
    must be from driving Staci so much...
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Default Rumour

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post
    I was just going to post that up here....
    you're speedy with that, Roland.
    must be from driving Staci so much...
    Seems some like to spread this and the same for every event that runs at Nelson.

Excellent plugs for the events, all! Now heres the deal, I need 30 cars this year, I really need more , but if we can hit 30 I can keep the event alive for next year. If we can pull together and do this then I might in a year or two get the 24 back but I need all of your help. Thanks to all of you who have raced with us in the past and we welcome those who will be joining us for the first time. For infomation please visit www.nelsonledges.com

Thanks again to all of you. Lets past the word along and get some cars to this race!!

Roland
    Roland,

I actually was under the impression you had to have 30 cars to run and that was the reason for the "intend to run" $100 deposit. I don't think I told anyone this but thanks for clarifying. We were debating back and forth on wether or not to spend the extra cash building a stock engine for Tims Golf... well you answered that for me!

We have officially decided that
    RSTPermance Will be racing in our First ever race greater than 3 hrs!! We plan on running Tim Dugans ITB Golf with Drivers Tim Dugan, Raymond Blethen, and Stephen Blethen! Randy, Tom and whoever else we can convince to make the trip will be changing tires and helping out in pit lane! I honestly can't wait for this event! Probably going to be the #1 fun event of the year with tons of track time! This may also be the first race that we race longer on track than the tow... on second thought nope we are still towing farther than 12 hrs! Oh-well We still can't wait! We are bringing a stack of tires a few spares and we shall see how long we can make it!

Stephen :026:

PS: are you allowed spare cars

Stephen,

Glad to hear your coming..it will be a race to remember. You can bring a spare car and pull all the parts off of it you would like . The tub must be the same for the entire race. See you there!

Stephen,

Glad to hear your coming..it will be a race to remember. You can bring a spare car and pull all the parts off of it you would like . The tub must be the same for the entire race. See you there!
    I think he wanted a spare tub... With the three of us running the car it should be interesting...

Do they use transponders??? I know we are all (the three of us)going to want to know who goes the fastest, and that's a long time to time ourselves!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

yes you must use a transponder just like any SCCA event. All class rules appy. I will post the supps as soon as they are approved.

Roland

Default Trying to put something together

I'm trying to put something together, probably in a Spec Miata. Is there a list anywhere of the intended entries?

Larry