Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey?

Default Survey?

So how many of you have received an email asking you to take a survey as a competition license holder?

Interesting questions, I should have taken a screen shot before submitting.

I took a shot and expressed how I feel about the National vs. Regional distinction.

Anybody else get the email?
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

I did not. Wonder if spam filter got it?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I did indeed get it. Here's a pdf of the items, for anyone who hasn't seen it.

K
    Attached Files Attached Files

I got it. I told them I thought the should work harder at making the Club more visable in order to attrack youth in it's membership. And by youth, I don't mean just the spawn of of someone that has been around for 15-30 years.

Jeff, do you have a National or a Regional license? I think it was only sent to those with National license.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post
    I got it. I told them I thought the should work harder at making the Club more visable in order to attrack youth in it's membership. And by youth, I don't mean just the spawn of of someone that has been around for 15-30 years.

Jeff, do you have a National or a Regional license? I think it was only sent to those with National license.

hoop
    I'd like confirmation of that.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I received that survey. I have a Novice Permit.

I commented about making a better effort and swinging the DE crowd to Club Racing.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    I'd like confirmation of that.
    Nope - I got it; I'm a regional licensee.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

I got the e-mail and I'm only a regional license holder. Thanks for the Pdf Kirk. It gives me a heads up on how I'd answer some of those questions. We had the Nat's just a couple of hours away but I was out of town on that weekend for work, and they scheduled it on the weekend of our race and drivers school. I doubt there was anyone other than Mike Lewis there from our region.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Well I can't confirm it, because I've deleated the email. For some reason, I thought I read that... guess I'm wrong.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

I did not receive it and I am a national license holder.

I wonder how big the sample being surveyed is?

DZ

Return rate vs. number requested would be interesting as well.

I am a regional license as well. Hopefully it went to all comp license holders (I think it probably did).
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

yep - I got it. came right to my inbox.
    filled it out and sent it back
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

I got mine and I am a regional racer.
    In the comments I had stated that the public should be allowed to come to the races after 11:00 am.
    I don't know if it is a CFR thing but they won't anyone that is not an SCCA member in after 11: am ?????
    How is it in the other regions?
    O.B.
    97 Saturn Sc2
    95 Saturn Sc2 being built
    ITA. CFR
    www.saturnorlandonorth.com

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post

hoop

Pretty much the same thing I said. Let us stop the S in SCCA from meaning Secret.

That and cost containment. Lower cost = more participation. More participation = lower cost.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Good points Jerry! I'd like to back the cost argument up with contingencies. SCCA should be more active in selling the value of contingencies to tire and parts companies.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

In the comments I had stated that the public should be allowed to come to the races after 11:00 am.
    I don't know if it is a CFR thing but they won't anyone that is not an SCCA member in after 11: am ?????
    I think its the track that sets that. NHMS charges gate fees depending on how the contract is written. Sucks if you show up late & registration is closed. I commented on the same thing.

I also told them they should make the driver school easier by promoting HDPE events for new drivers, even try a joint venture w/ a club that only does HDPE stuff. Get novices out on track before they have to pony up all the gear & car necessary for a race school.

I got it a few days ago, national license holder.

I too put in some stuff about the regional/national distinction and getting the PDX up and running with club races to foster crossover.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

National holder, didn't get it. Looking through spam and deleted items now but I think I'm SOL.

Ron

I think the biggest thing hurting the SCCA is not having a PDX program on the race weekends, though I would like to say that I feel this is the BIGGEST benefit to racers running with the SCCA also and the thing I like the most.

The problem is most people start out in HPDE with NASA (at least on the West Coast) and then they make friends there and don't want to switch even though you get longer races and more track time with the SCCA.

I would not like to see SCCA add PDX to the racing weekends, but I WOULD like to see them add one Time Trail group to each race weekend with NASA like rules (i.e. passing). This would serve as a good steeping stone for racers but would not change the all racer atmosphere that SCCA weekends have, that I really like. Where NASA makes you feel like you are just there to fill in the spots they could not with HPDE people.

The thing that really bugs me about NASA weekends is once I started racing I payed more, got less track time, and a raced on a WAY more crowded track then the HPDE people, When you are just starting racing track time is still really important to you at one time I was getting 25% less time then the HPDE people.

I will say as well that I think the Regional/National thing is really silly and should go away. A lot of people (including me) like that every class in NASA is available for a national championship.

Oh course is does really suck that you cannot work your way up from beginner to racer with the SCCA since I don't feel like the 3 day school is enough track time for people to go out racing. You almost have to go get other track time with other organizations and I think most people just stay with the group they start with.

Just my 2 cents.

Disclaimer: This is all based off what I have seen in the NASA NorCal and San Franciso Region SCCA only so may not reflect each group as a whole.
    Last edited by ekim952522000; 05-29-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Mike Uhlinger

Quote Originally Posted by SATURNRACER View Post
    I got mine and I am a regional racer.
    Same for us up here in Ohio.
    Nelson Ledges Road Course is an exception though, they will let the public in after registration closes. All they have to pay is like $10-15 bucks.
    At Mid-Ohio you have to be listed under someones crew if you want to get in. Not open to public.
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion