It was great to get back onto the track for 2009! But the driver was more rusty than the car. The rain race was about survival. I managed to hit #78 Miata (again... sorry!) square in the rear bumper coming into turn 3 early in the race (just brake-sliding on the inside line). Thankfully, no damage to his car and my hood just got a bend in it.

But the hit rattled me enough to just take my time around the track. As the laps progressed, I shook off the cobwebs and started catching Linda. But she drove really well... and given my first encounter with a Miata, I did not press for a pass.

Sunday afternoon was weird - the car handled great but times were slower than I would have expected. Victor and I had some fun side-by-side racing for a bit. And even Lawton and Branscombe joined in the fun while they were passing thru. It was good to end the weekend on a higher note.

As for the "other" CRX... damn fast!! It was great to catch up with Ed in the paddock. Bummer he has some fixes to make to the car.

Time for me to hook up my electric turbo... or maybe rub the rust off my accelerator pedal by using it more.