Thread: where do you find 16x6 wheels?

Default where do you find 16x6 wheels?

Another new beetle question. Spec line says allowed 16in wheels but the class limits the width to 6in. Where the hell do you find that? I've got some stock VW 16's here and they're 6.5in's. I briefley looked for 15x6's too, but couldn't find any. I'm sure i could get some steelie's but this is supposed to be road racing, not saturday night under the lights stuff.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

It is kinda silly, IT was a spinoff of Show Room Stock racing, correct? So, the darn stock wheels should be allowed on a car.

Anyway, I'm super interested in the new beetle for IT, so if your working on a VWNB project please do shoot me an email!

cameron at raceconover dot com

Maybe we can find you some wheels to run too.

You can use any of the GM FWD wheels. 95 on z-24 grand am etc... All are 16 x 6 5 x 100 with a 57.1 hub. Only problem may be the lug size holes are 12mm x 1.5.

Of course I believe that a petition to allow the stock size wheel might be the best solution.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Petition, how/where do I do that?
    Chris

"Petition" in the typical sense isn't the right word, in the sense that you don't have to collect signatures or anything like that. You can request a rule change by email to [email protected] and it will be forwarded to the IT advisory committee. We'll make a recommendation to the Board, which will act on the request.

One suggestion/disclaimer - You can request anything you want but the IT category doesn't really do make/model specific allowances (e.g., "please let the New Beetle use 6.5" wide wheels"). For this reason, a proposal framed for the category or maybe a class is more likely to be in line with past practice. And any proposal needs to be specific about what is being requested, rather than (for example) simply telling the Board what you think is wrong...

K

So if i asked that original wheel size superseed(sp.?) class requirements in the intrest of keeping with the original philosophy of Improved Touring, as in low cost cars with limited modifications, prepared to the manufacturer's specifications. Then show examples of how there is no 16x6 wheel and how the NB came stock with 16x6.5's. Then, I might get somewhere by the time the car is ready to race?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rx7chris View Post
    So if i asked that original wheel size superseed(sp.?) class requirements in the intrest of keeping with the original philosophy of Improved Touring, as in low cost cars with limited modifications, prepared to the manufacturer's specifications. Then show examples of how there is no 16x6 wheel and how the NB came stock with 16x6.5's. Then, I might get somewhere by the time the car is ready to race?
    It can't hurt to ask. I can say with some confidence that what you describe here is better than "give me a break, please."

K

Cameron, sent you an email with another question
    Chris

Sent the CRB an email. Any idea on how long it should take to get a response?
    Chris