Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: June fastrack is up

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    At this point, it is a bit premature. Actually, we HAVE discussed it proactively on ITAC con calls. (the crowd gasps!) And currently the board is cautious....but I see the day when it's part of the landscape.
    How do you find the time to do that when all of your time is taken up plotting against those poor Miata and Borgward owners?

Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Aside from the afremoentioned Subie; NAyone have aliost of AWD non fored induction cars that might be considered for it*?

As for Turbos- every leadership board thinks they have the 'way' of keeping them in check; look at the results in the T classes over hte past couple years to see what a fiasco that turned out to be.... I would urge strong caution before allowing FI cars into IT.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Some cars off the top of my head:

2004 R32 fit into ITR? 240hp 3.2 vr6, awd
    Audi TT 3.2 same deal.
    Audi Quattro Coupe from 80s/90s were all available in awd, non boosted variants
    Same for Audi 100
    Same for Audi 80
    Same for Audi A4
    Probably other Audis...
    E30 325 ix
    Honda civic wagon of some vintage
    Toyota Matrix
    Would the early Carrera 4 fit in ITR?
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Subaru SVX
    Early AWD 911's?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

AWD = no.

turbo = someday (5-10 years out).

i see some 1.0 liter turbos in our future as we go back to the days of the 1977 Civic CVCC 5 speed or 1983 GTi's to try and get the corporate fuel economy up there.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

I think that AWD would be much easier to account for in the Improved Touring formula than a turbo or supercharger.

I think AWD would be great and a fun addition.
    -----------
    '89 RX-7 ITS

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I think that AWD would be much easier to account for in the Improved Touring formula than a turbo or supercharger.

I think AWD would be great and a fun addition.
    ditto
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

So-
    interesting responses.
    How many of you have written in? All you have to do is what you've already done here. Copy and paste with an intro if you like, just BE HEARD! YOU make a difference.

More than any category I bet, the ITAC wants to talk to you and wants to hear what you say..so engage. (and if you are new to the club, you probably don't know how much of a change that reall is, and what it truly represents.)

Here, I
    I'll make it easy.

[email protected]
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake,
    check. email sent.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    So-
    interesting responses.
    How many of you have written in? All you have to do is what you've already done here. Copy and paste with an intro if you like, just BE HEARD! YOU make a difference.

More than any category I bet, the ITAC wants to talk to you and wants to hear what you say..so engage. (and if you are new to the club, you probably don't know how much of a change that reall is, and what it truly represents.)

Here, I
    I'll make it easy.

[email protected]

Jake-

I have sent in my request supporting AWD in IT!!! I also put in a request to consider the 1986 Audi 4000 Quattro and the 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro. We have 2 of the 1990 Audi Coupe Quattros waiting a ready to be built!

I also wrote in and asked why my prior requests have not been addressed yet. I am waiting on 4 or 5 months now??? They had great follow-up in the begining, but I did expect something by the June edition of Fast Track.

As for the AWD thing, I bet we will need to wait a long time before anything happens. Even though they requested info, I think the think they are addressing bigger issues, such as running all current cars through the process.

Raymond "Keeping my fingers crossed for several things" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

We have a huge list of ITB questions that we wanted to take care of all at once, and yours was one Raymond. We had some questions re: finalizing procedures and practices and wanted to be sure that we dealt with all of the B issues under the same assumptions. I actually spent a bunch of time building a spreadsheet of specs on the many cars in question and we now have enough information - I think - to break that logjam.

K

EDIT (for Ray and anyone else asking for listings or review) - It is VERY helpful if you can provide a pdf of or url linking to the general specs the ITAC needs for consideration, including the ITCS specs plus stock power/torque values. It's also helpful if you provide model/year series information, explaining which cars have the same specs, if/when they changed substantially, etc.
    Last edited by Knestis; 05-23-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I found the inclusion into ITS of the 2.0L 170-hp/145 tq, higher-compression, very-large-braked Ford Focus SVT with 6-speed Getrag interesting, especially since it was given the same weight as the Integra GS-R...should be a good runner.

GA
    Build one and it will win. I have always been a fan of the svt and believe as far as FWD cars in ITS it is by far the best option. Getting one down to weight will probably be a challenge but obtainable. I would assume that based on the SVT being classed in S that a regular Focus wilth the Mazda 3 2.3 liter motor will be an A car. Specifically the most popular Focus with this motor is the 4 door ST which is what I have as a daily driver. It has all of the SVT suspension with the exception of springs and has 151hp and 154tq. This would make sense with the clasification of the '04 Mazda 3.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Wrote my email in favor of classifying normally-aspirated AWD cars in IT. My brother and I want to build an Audi 4000.
    Whoomah!

Russ Bowlus
    SFR SCCA
    Shopping for an IT car