Thread: Watkins Glen video Busch Cars

Talking Watkins Glen video of a fender bender

Not to but there was a lot of discussion over an accident at the Glen last Sept or Oct. Involving a Miata and Greg Amy. This is not bring up any bad memories or stir up trouble. I just came across this video and it has some entertainment value.
    racecarjohn

" target="_blank">YouTube Video

">
    " />ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by racecarjohn; 05-14-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Wow! Can I re-think my desire to race at Watkins Glen one day?
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    Just don't try to go through there 2 or 3 wide, and slam the door on the inside guy!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

But the guys further back had nothing to do with that! They were racing clean and a screw-up by a guy in front of them ended their day (and probably their car).

I know Road Atlanta is viewed as a concrete canyon by many, but what really shocked me (or maybe "surprised" is a better word) is how one car sideways blocked the entire track. I mean there is/was absolutely NO room to get by the mess once it got started.

We wadded up five stock cars on the front straight at Road Atlanta last July yet the guys at the back were still able to get through (some in the dirt). This thing blocked the entire track. Folks have mentioned how close the Armco is at WGI, but this video (obviously) really brought it home for me.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

No rethinking come up and we will keep the "Nationwide series" FKA Busch North cars away from you.!!!
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

But the guys further back had nothing to do with that! They were racing clean and a screw-up by a guy in front of them ended their day (and probably their car).

I know Road Atlanta is viewed as a concrete canyon by many, but what really shocked me (or maybe "surprised" is a better word) is how one car sideways blocked the entire track. I mean there is/was absolutely NO room to get by the mess once it got started.

We wadded up five stock cars on the front straight at Road Atlanta last July yet the guys at the back were still able to get through (some in the dirt). This thing blocked the entire track. Folks have mentioned how close the Armco is at WGI, but this video (obviously) really brought it home for me.
    Oh relax, Butch! Remember, these are circle track guys! YOU (and your buds in the big Monsters) know better.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Wow, rough to watch. Must have been rougher in the car. Tough place to get perpendicular. Hope everyone was alright. I wonder why tracks are designed like that with zero space around the track.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP