Thread: Now that we have V8's in ITR, how about this?

Default Now that we have V8's in ITR, how about this?

Is there any reason that the 4.6 SOHC V8 Mustangs can't be classed? They make less HP/Torque than the 5.0 GT. They are newer and easier to find.

What do you think?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Smile

No reason at all. Write a letter to the CRB. Need to stick to the 96-98 non-PI headed motors. After the PI heads were in place the hp/tq goes up quite a bit.

I was planning to do so last month but forgot. 215hp, 285 ft-lbs, less hp/tq than some of the currently classed Rustangs and Firechicken/Camaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    No reason at all. Write a letter to the CRB. I was planning to do so last month but forgot. 215hp, 285 ft-lbs, less hp/tq than some of the currently classed Rustangs and Firechicken/Camaros.
    haha.
    rustang and firechicken.

heard of the rustang before....not the firechicken
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Don't forget Ragmaro.........
    Dave Dusterberg
    ITA#9 Dodge Neon
    2011 Indy Region SCCA Activities Director
    http://www.indyscca.org

having owned and tracked a 5.0 still have it infact. i dont know how that would be a good car for ITR i mean yeah its fast in a straight line and the car can go around corners fast just not very stable but has NO brakes. mine power wise would be ok in ITR nothing illegal it put down 250whp and 300wtq but when it comes to brakeing here at PIR in oregon turn 1 i had to hit the brakes at about the 1500ft mark when all the other cars ive driven there range from 325ft in my ITA car 400ft in my 96 328 ITS/ITR, 98m3 was also 400ft new Audi TT 3.2 450 street car and just about every car else ive driven there are all around 500 as street cars.

Engine Braking! or Braking the Engine? :eek:
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by ericblois View Post
    yeah its fast in a straight line and the car can go around corners fast just not very stable but has NO brakes.
    Got three ducts running to each front wheel brake assembly - one for inside rotor, one rotor hat, and one caliper hat? Explored backing pads and pad compounds? rotors? Seals? Fluids? Until you've done all of that then you don't know what sort of IT brakes you'll have. Brake development is a big deal for Z cars and I'm sure it will be for Mustangs too.

i thought the rules said only one opening for brake ducts or is it just 3 different hoses from one source. right now it does have brake ducts that blow right on the center of the vented 10.5 in rotor. ive tryed hawk blue and blacks found that temps go to high caliper housing temps around 500* and rotor temps over 1000* which is where my temp gun stops after a cool down lap. the backing plates are typically metled after 2 hard sessions, granted i have not done much testing beyond that but when the rotor is part of the front hub, i just get tired of getting greasy, and the Z cars that run ITS dont weigh 3300lbs so if you need all that cooling to keep cool there's not much hope for my 5.0 running ITR

ive tryed hawk blue and blacks found that temps go to high caliper housing temps around 500* and rotor temps over 1000* which is where my temp gun stops after a cool down lap. the backing plates are typically metled after 2 hard sessions, granted i have not done much testing beyond that ...
    You need a much higher temp pad than a Hawk Blue or especially a Black. They are not made for that sort of temp range. If you like Hawk, you should probably start from the top with a DTC-70.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

if i was going to build an ITR car out of the vehicles i have it would be my 328 over my 5.0. right now my 5.o is slated for giving up its power train for my factory five cobra. so it will be a shell for a while after that may or may not turn it into a race car. besides i need to install MS in my m3 so i can get it running again and get it its log book and start setting up that one. sigh to many projects i still want to race my ITA 325e while doing all of this

I know it may be sacrilegious on here, but you could just buy of of my nitrous kits off me and use the car for what it is really good at
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

if i was going to build an ITR car out of the vehicles i have it would be my 328 over my 5.0.
    Good choice. Once you call Rebello and ask them what they can get out of a full on IT build 328 engine in IT trim you'll be doubly impressed.

Ditto what Josh said on the pads. If you're using Carbotechs look at the 10s or the 12s. They'll work in that heat range and stop well.

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    I know it may be sacrilegious on here, but you could just buy of of my nitrous kits off me and use the car for what it is really good at
    :026:
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Good choice. Once you call Rebello and ask them what they can get out of a full on IT build 328 engine in IT trim you'll be doubly impressed.

until he asks what they get for it... lol

$$$$!!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"