Thread: BigBoy Racing (Chuck) VIR Sat May 9th

Thumbs up BigBoy Racing (Chuck) VIR Sat May 9th

Chuck asked me to post this for him because he can't get the links to work. Happy to oblige him. Chuck drives an ITS RX7:

Part 1
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2h7e62FYX0[/ame]

Part 2
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZWSZ1neRJ0[/ame]

Part 3
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGnpMz6WMao[/ame]

Ron

Default Nice hello!!!

Love the video, Wish I could get something close to that video quality!!!!!

I liked the "hello" to the red bimmer at the bottom of the up hill esses!! video 3.....

David Spillman
    30 year old ITS car

Great job, Chuck. :026:

Glad to see justice prevail in the end, even thought I think you would have gotten him back anyway. Haven't seen the results yet. What was that - 6th OA, 3rd SARRC?

Congrats
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by dspillrat View Post
    Love the video, Wish I could get something close to that video quality!!!!!

I liked the "hello" to the red bimmer at the bottom of the up hill esses!! video 3.....

David Spillman
    I blogged about my setup the other day.

http://www.tomhoppe.com/index.php/20...r-video-setup/

720p HD video including mount and data aq overlay software for $550

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Default I love racing

Thanks Ron for loading the video's. I had a awsome time that weekend. Wish that you could have stuck around for Sundays race. I qualified 1st in ITS with a 2:17, however after 3 laps of running 1st, my oil temp when thru the hood causing me to pit. I already had to buy another motor for my IT7 this month for the same reason. Thanks Tom, hope your transmission is doing fine.

Chuck,.....Slim Chance

Damn Chuck, that is bad luck during the race! Good job on the qualifying though.

I generally don't race on Mother's Day to protest the region's continued race scheduling on that particular weekend. Seriously, generally I elect to do the family thing on Sunday. I would have liked to have raced then. Sorry about your troubles, will you be able to make CMP?

Ron

Default Kershaw

We are planing on Kershaw next weekend. I had planned on running the Carolina Cup, however last I looked in the SARRC there was 10 ITS cars registered. Might need to change races, I like the punshment yall boys put on me. YO JEFF, is the TR8 going to be out there. Hey Tom, when will be the next time I get to race with ya in the IT7, I get my motor back in the next couple of weeks.
    Chuck
    Last edited by BIG BOY; 05-15-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Should be fun at CMP, looking forward to it. Larger field, some fast guys in there.

Here is one lap of my race on Sat:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HoTfKYxGhg[/ame]

Chuck -

At this point, my schedule for the IT7 looks like Nashville (June), Road Atlanta (July), Barber (August). Hope you can make it down to this part of the world for one or more. If not, there's always SIC. Which of your cars will you run then (unless you can persuade them to separate ITS and IT7)?

The van transmission worked great - home in the usual 4 hours, no problem. THANKS so much, again. I owe you one big time for all your help. Regarding the first transmission, I took it back the following Tuesday. They took it back with much grumbling, but then got evasive about returning my money. I'm in discussions with the credit card company about that and I'm optimistic it will ultimately be resolved in my favor. Again, thanks to you, Ken, Eric and everyone else involved.
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Cool vids. There is a good bit of me driving badly in vid 1. I am mildly pleased with my first outing to VIR but other then the few laps there with Chuck, I really wasn't able to "race" anyone in ITS. ~2 sec off the pace.

Running with the red BMW was interesting. Chuck got 3rd place back from me after I went off in T1 trying to out break him.

Default welcome !!

didn't know you were moving into "s" , chuck ,welcome !! car looked good from what saw. i'll check it out at kershaw. if you need any thing ,just ask ! i'll share most of what i've learned about these cars with ya....lol. (if you'll take it) see ya at the races. ralph mcconnell

Hey Tom,
    We plan on going to Atlanta and Barber. Going to the SIC we will take the S car, not enough starts in the 7. Good luck on the transimission. Ralph, we tried sneaking in last year one race at VIR in Oct., but had problems and so far we have worked them all out as of now. Now I just need your secrets on how to be faster. Fuel injectors, do you run the turbo injectors and how can you tell which ones are installed? I'll make me a list of questions for Kershaw, LOL. Running with the red BMW was great looking at the video's now, but at the time I wanted him to let me go. On Sunday after I had to pull in cause my motor ran hot I went back out looking for him cause I knew it would be a fun time.
    Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Did you ever post the video from Roebling from your rear cam? I heard about it from the regional meeting.

I forgot to tell you we found out why the Z wouldn't stick at Roebling in the right handers, including T9 - the right hand gland nut on the strut had worked loose and basically pulled the strut up out of the tube whenever the left side of the car was leaned on. Scratch a day messing around with that mess.

Should be fun down at CMP, looking forward to it.

Ron

Default Rear view

Ron, It sure sucks having problems at the track, but it feels good to find the reason that you were not performing up to par. Tonight I am going to burn my tape to disk and hopefully load it up tomorrow. I'll burn you a copy. Rex liked it and wanted a copy so he could show you how your car was doing.
    Chuck