Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to lose weight in my 1st gen ITS RX7

It all adds up. Or down. I still can not fathom how that car is 2550! Something isn't right. From the description though, there's certainly some weight in the car that could be lost (50) ....

In the end, it becomes a money deal. And often the money is better spent developing the driver. Once the driver is not the dullest part, then it gets spendy to find the last bits.

My car has gotten to it's weight the classic way. Every time something needed to be done, weight was a strong consideration. My fuel tank was rusting, so, I could replace it with new, ($$$) or put a cel in. In the end, the cel cost nearly what the stock tank cost, but there were weight savings with the cel. And so on.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The car is a good strong car. When Dave owned it he ran 1:45's at MO. I ran it at Gingerman(1:39's) and Grattan(1:32's) in my Sophmore season('04) but mainly at Waterford Hills. ITS record at WHRRI was 1:16:604 and I had run the car as fast as 1:17:303 but normally in the 18's. Mat is still working on getting the car consistently in the 19's.
    Mat, what you need to do is let me take it out to see if it still "has it"!:cool:

BTW, Robbie Huffmaster, who, with his dad Ray, used to be regulars at WHRRI before heading off to the pro ranks, recently returned and completely decimated the old ITS record. Robbies new record in the #27 former ARRC and IT Festival winning RX7.........1:15:067.
    Unbeleivable. Just when you think your getting better..................and it's not like these cars/drivers are slouches. I'm running Chris Ludwigs old car, albeit not his motor, one of the cars is Kris Smith's former IT Festival winning RX7, and one of the drivers qualified 4th in the Pro-IT at The ARRC in '07 before being punted off and totalling that RX7, and 2 of the drivers finished 2nd(or 3rd, can't remember) in the ARRC Enduro last year so.....
    I should post the picture of the following day grid as all of us gridded 2 through 6 put for sale signs on our cars that read "Humiliated by Rob Huffmaster, For Sale, cheap!"
    Glad to have them back though, great guys.
    Last edited by ITS5GB; 05-15-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    Greg Blastic
    Lookin' for a new one!
    '86 RX7 ITS w/'89 Drivetrain Sold!
    ITS #5 GSLSE(still goin' strong) Sold!
    IT7 Project( now complete!!) Sold!
    Waterford Hills Regular
    Occasional GLD
    Howell, MI

Am i allowed to:

- Remove the actuators that operate the headlights?
    - Remove the structural enforcement for the bonnet?

No. You are only allowed to do the things that are listed as allowed modifications. First line in the book (OK, fist page or so of the ITCS) says you can't do anything that's not mentioned. Therefor, anything else is illegal.

In other words, IIDSYCYC.
    If It Doesn't Say You Can, You Can't
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com