Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 TeamDI Pro IT race at NJMP

Default Round 3 TeamDI Pro IT race at NJMP

Registration for Round 3 on the Thunderbolt Raceway course of New Jersey Motorsports Park is now open on the DLB online registration site ( http://www.dlbracing.com ). Set the filter bar to show South Jersey Region | All.

This round is scheduled for Sunday, 7 June in conjunction with the Jersey Devil NESCCA National. There will be a separate SCCA Test Day on Friday, 5 June using the Thunderbolt course.

Hope to see ya at NJMP

Terry

Registered !
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Registered!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Registered!!
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

18 so far online. 9 ITS cars!!!!! Don't know about the paper (snail-mail) entries.

Round 3 is presented by the South Jersey Region on Thunderbolt at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Registration is on http://www.dlbracing.com . Set the filter bar to show South Jersey Region | All.

This is the course we will be using in September when we headline with ARCA, All Star Race Trucks and VW Jetta TDI Cup.

This round is scheduled for Sunday, 7 June in conjunction with the Jersey Devil NESCCA National. There will be a separate SCCA Test Day on Friday, 5 June.

Most IT cars can double dip into the National as STU or STO, get yourself a track record?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Registered!

I hear also that they redid some of the curbing on this track, and its great. I remeber thunderbolt's curbing to be ok last year or at least a lot better than lightning.. Hopefully they redid that to.

I flagged there for the Grand Am test day (station 10) and Friday practice (station 3), I then made the drive to NHMS for Round 1. The Grand AM cars were going on the new curbing 100% without trouble.

They did a real nice job over the winter with the curbs. Plus they cultivated and replanted next to the track with some type of grass that actually grew. We walked back from Station 10 to the pit lane on TRhursday to get a real close look. It was nice seeing green grass on the edge of the track. There was very little dust. Time should tell that NJMP got it this time.

Also, dealing with the staff at NJMP this year has been a pleasure. They have their act together. between TeamDI Pro IT and regionals we can race there 5 times this year.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

aside from the glen, NJMP is quickly becoming my favorite place to race. Glad to hear the people who run the place are good to work with unlike some of the tracks we run apparently.

For those of you who have yet to run thunderbolt, it is a great track, personally i like lightning a bit better but thunderbolt is certainly unique and challenging in its own way.

PRO-IT seems awfully popular with the ITS guys. Currently 10 out of the 21 reg'd are ITS.. Cant complain, but where are you ITA/B/C guys??

Default Garage info for Thunderbolt?

have rented a garage under the vip suites and wondered if they have power,air, workbench furnished? t weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by rsx858 View Post
    PRO-IT seems awfully popular with the ITS guys. Currently 10 out of the 21 reg'd are ITS.. Cant complain, but where are you ITA/B/C guys??
    No Sheet? I am reg'ing on Mon. What's it gonna be me, Timmah and Marky?
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Looks like 24 are pre-registered on-line so far. Plenty of room for more to fit on track!! :026:

Everything takes place on Sunday so tell your friends and wife they should go to Atlantic City for a weekend away then stop at the tack on the way home Sunday I told my wife I would gamble my racecar and she said "I am all in! and if I am lucky you'll loose it so you stop spending all that money!"

11 ITA Tim Klvana
    0 ITA Marc Cefalo
    50 ITB Stephen Blethen
    69 ITB Michael Reece
    7 ITC Brian Heun
    20 ITR Robert Nimkoff
    21 ITR Robert Thiele
    33 ITR Ben Phillips
    16 ITS Matt Rooke
    23 ITS Jeff Henderson
    25 ITS Rob Driscoll
    27 ITS Darrell Anthony
    49 ITS Ray Blethen Iii
    63 ITS William Weaver
    92 ITS Eric King
    95 ITS John Hainsworth
    99 ITS Sean Curran
    5 ITS Steve Ulfelder
    12 SM Michael Lamaina
    41 SM Dave Kupferschmid
    91 SM Tony Senese
    93 SM Chris Kellett
    0 SM Mike Cefalo
    7 SM David Beccaris

Stephen
    Last edited by StephenB; 05-28-2009 at 06:22 PM.

FYI.

Smarty will make the trek, as promised, to support the ProIT racers in NJ for Round 3.

http://www.northeastracingtire.com

Please CALL Bob directly with your tire orders. I will not be available to process the orders via the website this coming week, and Bob doesn't know how to turn on a computer yet.

Best of luck to all racers.

Dave
    Team Jagermeister
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10 - ITB NESCCA Enduro Champions

I saw on the map included with the supps that there is a "PRO-IT paddock area" conveniently located in the far back corner of the paddock furthest from the grid and everything else for that matter....

are we encouraged or required to paddock back there?
    Last edited by rsx858; 06-02-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Default Pro IT Paddock

Matt

I saw on the map included with the supps that there is a "PRO-IT paddock area" conveniently located in the far back corner of the paddock furthest from the grid and everything else for that matter....

are we encouraged or required to paddock back there?
    Since a majority of Pro IT competitors will arrive on Saturday afternoon / Sunday morning after the National competitors are set up, the SJ Region reserved the two blocks of paddock for Pro IT so that we can paddock together. This is similar to what was done at Lime Rock last year when space was reserved in the lower B paddock. It will be available for use by Pro IT competitors but no one is required to set up there.

Also to accommodate Saturday / Sunday arrivals, Tech will be open for Pro IT competitors on Saturday afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00 and again on Sunday morning starting at 8:00.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at NJMP

Terry

Terry - I need a little help on logistics. Great news that Tech will be open - thanks.

It apears that reigstration will be open Saturday until 12:00pm. If we arrive after 12:00 will we be able to to enter the paddock, set up, and get "teched?" As I think about it, if we don't register first we will not have a Tech sheet. I am trying to figure out if I can arrive after 12:00 and take advantage of the 3:00 - 4:00 tech time tech time?

It also appears from the supps that qualifying starts after hardship practice @ 8:30 - I assume the time is around 9:00?

Thanks for your help.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Tim

It apears that reigstration will be open Saturday until 12:00pm. If we arrive after 12:00 will we be able to to enter the paddock, set up, and get "teched?" As I think about it, if we don't register first we will not have a Tech sheet. I am trying to figure out if I can arrive after 12:00 and take advantage of the 3:00 - 4:00 tech time tech time?
    I talked with Val Heun, our hard working Registrar this afternoon. She has agreed to open registration for Pro IT in the same 3:00 - 4:00 window as Tech. Registration is in the classroom right around the corner from Tech.

It also appears from the supps that qualifying starts after hardship practice @ 8:30 - I assume the time is around 9:00?
    Yes, that is correct - Pro IT drivers should plan to be at the Make Up Grid by 9:00 AM for the qualifying session.

And .... if you have any IT friends who haven't already entered the event, bring them along. We have plenty of paddock space reserved and a big track looking looking for more races cars.

See ya at Thunderbolt

Terry

GREAT!

Thanks Terry, Val, Tech, and all who are helping.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

If you are racing in the national in group 6, groups 6 and 7 have been combined. If you are also racing in Pro IT that means you go straight to grid after the Group 6/7 race.

I sent a note to Terry asking if we will get enough time to check the car and refuel....
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Hey Ben, the Supps schedule i was looking at on DLB says the pro IT race is after group 3. which should give time to get ready for 6/7. is that schedule up to date?