Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heart of Dixie Double SARRC and ENDURO!

Eight ITC drivers signed up so far! And that doesn't include Brian (frnhous) above yet.:026:
    Bill

Hey Ricky,

You can draft me since "the shape of things to come" isn't going to haul that injected car out to a handling track.

Did you get an answer to your question? I sent it on but have not received a response.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Up to 41 entries so far. 3 in ITS, a bunch in ITC. For those of you chasing points, this could be any easy way to pick up a few.
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Quote Originally Posted by pballance View Post
    Hey Ricky,

You can draft me since "the shape of things to come" isn't going to haul that injected car out to a handling track.

Did you get an answer to your question? I sent it on but have not received a response.
    Paul,

.... Good....... I can use the drafting help, anyway, us yellow cars need to look out for each other....... You can tow me down the straights.... And I'll show you the way through the twisty stuff.

... Bill Perry contacted me about my magic trick and volunteered to help by sending an RFA to the SOM. He likes to see the Red Beast run:cool:

Tom Lyttle is the only IT7 entered. I don't mind seeing him take away some SARRC points, but not that easily! Somebody come make Tom work for it.
    Bill

C'mon, Bill. I've had a problem every Sunday for the last three years and haven't won one yet. I need all the help I can get then. (Saturdays have been ok.)
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

i'm good with you winning Tom. I just want to be sure you have to outrun somebody to do it.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by pballance View Post
    Up to 41 entries so far. 3 in ITS, a bunch in ITC. For those of you chasing points, this could be any easy way to pick up a few.
    OK Paul... We're up to 4 entries in ITS now. Odds are a Z car will stand atop the podium (no cheating required!). If we could only get a TR8, a 260Z, or an RX7 to show up...

It's going to be fun!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Just too far of a tow for me this year. Expended nearly the entire racing budget on getting the car running....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish57 View Post
    OK Paul... We're up to 4 entries in ITS now. Odds are a Z car will stand atop the podium (no cheating required!). If we could only get a TR8, a 260Z, or an RX7 to show up...

It's going to be fun!
    Yes, lots of fun!! I may even scare you fast guys. I'm putting the finishing touches on a new suspension tonight. Goes to the shop for final set up Wednesday am. Maybe it will be Z's for all the podium places Of course I will have to re-learn the car at NSS.........

Jeff, you and Ron need to come to Barber. Couldn't think of a better test of the new engine set up.
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Not too late to register. Come join us for a great SARRC weekend with a test day!!
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

For those of you who haven't raced with us before at Nashville: I think you will find it a very different atmosphere than at some other tracks in SEDIV.
    Just as an example - We don't have a Paddock Marshall, we have a Paddock Host. His/Her job is not to direct you around. It is to help make your weekend a fun experience. They will be wearing a vest so you can find them, in the garages usually. They have a radio to find you the help you might need, from an official for example, or the answers to your questions.
    Most competitors use the big, wide open garage. That puts everybody close by making for a social atmosphere that is not so easy at most paddocks.
    The RV campground is free despite having electricity (50 amps), water, concrete pads and cable TV. And you can paddock at your RV.
    Come see us at Nashville. Spectating is free too if you can't race that weekend.
    Bill

Up to 62 entries so far. Still time to enjoy "Southern Hospitality" at the northern end of SEDIV.

Plenty of room in the enduro as well.
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

I'm hoping that ITB ends up with a few more entries.

I know of one more possible ITB car
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish57 View Post

It's going to be fun!
    You guys will have a blast! I'd love to come but I just returned from Germany today and have more travel next week. I'm hoping to get away for one day to make Rockingham but even that is questionable and 1.5 hrs from my house!

It's good to see that the ITB Blue Streak will be there, even if it isn't blue any more. As I recall it was still blue when it ended up on it's roof at the Tarmac Performance Rally. It looks like every IT class will have someone to race against, except IT7. We need more IT7 to make Tom Lyttle run hard to win.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I know of one more possible ITB car
    Great! This will be my first ITB race since the car was reclassified and I'm looking forward to getting it back out on track.

Still a couple of days to register.

I started to load the car on trailer since I finished it today. Figured it would be bad mojo since its not used to being ready this far in advance. Hope to see a few more of you there!!
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Anybody attending have a set of used 14" race tires they want to sell off? I need something that will fit a 14x6 wheel.