Default Pro IT Round 2 Results

TeamDI Pro IT Round 2 Results
    Pocono International Raceway

ITR

1 - Robert Thiele - 22 laps
    2 - Robert Breault - 22 laps
    3 - Domenic Crugnale - 22 laps

ITS

1 - Jeff Harding - 22 laps (overall winner)
    2 - Jeff Henderson - 22 laps
    3 - John Grzech - 22 laps

ITA

1 - Joe Diminno - 22 laps
    2 - Marc Cefalo - 22 laps
    3 - Tim Klvana - 22 laps

ITB

1 - Kenneth Hubbard - 21 laps
    2 - Stephen Blethen - 21 laps
    3 - Tim Mullen - 21 laps

ITC

1 - Brian Huen - 19 laps

SM

1 - Nick Leverone - 21 laps
    2 - Errol Tucker - 21 laps
    3 - Michael Johnson - 21 laps

Exciting racing - everyone did a great job

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 05-10-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Great day of Pocono racing at the Pro IT by Driving Impressions. It was tough not to race - first time I missed this race in seven years.

No full course yellows, no black flags and a relatively contact free, incident free event in all groups that I saw.

Very tight racing throughout the field. Photos are here at Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/8969987@N06/?saved=1

I have a ton of video footage with my biting commentary that I will try to post shortly.

Great to see everybody yesterday - IT has an incredible group of competitors - all are supportive of each other but when the checker drops - major competition.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Our 24hr race...

Special thanks to Bob and all the sponsors again for another great ProIT race!

We left NH around midnight on Friday night and arrived in perfect time to unload, register and get out on the track for qualifying. No major issues, and we were relaxing and enjoying the company of all of our great "race" friends.

Unfortunatly dad (Ray Blethen) partialy lost the exhaust at the bottom of the header on the pace lap and had to pull in as everyone else recieved the green. Randy Schneiderheinze (long time crew member for RST Performance) quickly got the exhaust system pulled out in time for Ray to get back out without loosing any laps. With the fumes pouring into the car Ray was able to run the rest of the race without incident and finished mid pack.

Stephen ran a good, solid race but was unable to beat Ken to the checkard flag and took home another 2nd place in as many races so far this season!

After the race we packed up and headed home. Thankfully the trip home was just as enjoyable, and we had no issues. The last of the team arrived back home around midnight and quickly wend to bed!

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out in race land!

Thanks again Stephen and dad for a great day!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

OK - here's some fun video of the PRO IT race - hope you guys enjoy!

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5043392/13403871

PS - some driver interviews at the end of the footage
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Ben that is awesome! I don't know what I wanted more: you in ITR or you as the new ProIT reporter! I was watching the video and was close to losing all my fingernails - way to go Ben!

And thanks to everyone organizing and all the competitors for a superb weekend - great battles bumper to bumper and always fair, great driving everyone!

Rob
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Ben, good job....but I know what I'm getting you fro Christmas! ....A tripod!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Nice job Ben, cant wait to see the porsche out there!

I had a great battle with John Grzech, nice job Johnand to all the class winners

Was a rather rough weekend for me, First in qual i screwed up entering the chicane and went for a wild safari through the grass crossing the track right in front of harding... Nice dodge Jeff! That ripped off the front splitter... o well seeems like i go through 3 per season.<_<

Then before the race the officials called a meeting to inform us that they had just patched a pothole on the main strait with some quick dry tar and coned it off. Well I think we all learned a lesson here... quick dry tar does not dry quick and there is absolutley no way to dodge a bunch of cones in the middle of a race track! Sure enough on the first lap the cones were plowed into.. I know some of the cones hit some cars and tore off some more splitters, in my case the tar was kicked up into my oil cooler and radiator! I decided to stay out even though the motor was running very hot due to the liquid road jamed into the fins. Had some good fun in the race however by the end the tar had certainly hardend.. and my front end, radiator, and oil cooler are now solid rock

If anyone has the slightest idea how to remove this crap please help!

Had fun though, and was certainly cool having Amani Toomer there... was that his white porsche?? nice. Thanks Bob and Darrell for another great round

New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. Local Track: Lime Rock Park

Seems like a great time/place to be named Jeff or Rob!
    What happened to Driscoll and Nimkoff?
    Thanks for the coverage Ben.
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    "Don't genius live in a lamp?"
    -Patrick Star
    NER Board Member

I've got some pics up at www.proitseries.com and I should have some video and more pics up mid week (pics today probably). Working on the footage I took from the paddock and on top of the tower.

Thanks again and it was great meeting you all!

Just remember, this is the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES. We need to keep the naming convention consistent. TeamDI is the title sponsor of the series, and without the name recognition, it will not work. PLEASE use TeamDI Pro IT Series as the series name whenever you write or mention it. Without your help and getting exposure, the title sponsor will not be able to grow with the series and keep supporting it.

Regards,
    Steven Jaffe
    TeamDI.com

More Pictures are posted HERE

Also, here are some videos I put together...its 3am, just finished them, nothing special video wise, but its some good racing!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBO06bKf1o[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVGyLo8bok[/ame]