Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid Ohio National & Restricted Regional

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post
    I know some drivers are upset about classes and regions. And to some point it very well may be unfair limiting classes, BUT we all have to be thankful we have 3 good tracks right in our backyard (for us in Ohio and PA which would be Nelson Ledges, Mid-Ohio, and Beaverun)

We can get to them very easily and each track hosts a number of regional events each year. So if one track doesnt have a class, go to the next one.

Lets not get mad at everyone. Pointing fingers in one direction or the other. We're all in this together, as a club. Lets make the best of it.
    (I know i may sound like a hippe from the 70's talking about getting along) But thats just my opinion.
    Sorry, Greg. But sometimes in families we have disagreements. And nothing ever gets put in the right if the affected party just sits idly and doesn't ruffle feathers from time to time...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

I think they should ban ITC cars for being to slow. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    I think they should ban ITC cars for being to slow. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    just because you have a BMW..... jk
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

So... at the last regional at the Ledges there were 8 C cars and 1 R car. That's 8 times the amount of R cars. That's good for the gander?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Will an X1/9 be there?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    Will an X1/9 be there?

Fix It Again Tony!
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

Chris,
    Sorry you won't be coming. The Chief Steward is the person that ultimately makes decisions on grouping and the *potential* of a full bore ITR car is too much to run with ITC. Invariably one group will complain and want a split start which throws them further behind and ITC ends up getting 3 or 4 less laps to run. Is that fair? As it is they lose a lap or 2 to ITS. If 1 top gun ITR shows up it screws a lot of drivers. When ITR has the numbers in this division maybe it will tilt the scale and ITC will get dropped. The point of this weekend which Matt pointed out is to give REGIONAL drivers a chance to run M-O.

Sorry you might miss our double regionals. We took that extra date to give REGIONAL drivers an extra date in GLDiv. As chairman of the Champ Series I can assure you that dates have been going DOWN over the last 4 years and the trend could continue as ORP and Bluegrass are ????. We all make choices. We made ours. Its time for you to make yours. I hope you will join us in September and October. Thats 4 races at one of the best tracks in the country.

Dave Brown
    OVR-SCCA RE
    GLDiv Regional Champ Series Chairman
    Last edited by spdmonkey; 05-21-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post
    just because you have a BMW..... jk
    ........Doesn't mean it's fast.:cool:

........Doesn't mean it's fast.:cool:
    ...sure...
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by spdmonkey View Post
    The Chief Steward is the person that ultimately makes decisions on grouping and the *potential* of a full bore ITR car is too much to run with ITC. Invariably one group will complain and want a split start which throws them further behind and ITC ends up getting 3 or 4 less laps to run. Is that fair? As it is they lose a lap or 2 to ITS. If 1 top gun ITR shows up it screws a lot of drivers. When ITR has the numbers in this division maybe it will tilt the scale and ITC will get dropped. The point of this weekend which Matt pointed out is to give REGIONAL drivers a chance to run M-O.
    And this is the same region that once grouped GT-1 with ITS and currently has E Production matched with the former?
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    And this is the same region that once grouped GT-1 with ITS and currently has E Production matched with the former?
    Chris,
    You brought up a very good point. The jerk that knocked me off the track last year in Oct. was in a GT1 car......they should be over 14 to 16 seconds faster than the fastest of ITR cars. What's the ITC's times around MO? I just found my sheet fro the OVR regional in Oct. and you are right, ITSS was there and betweren the slowest and fastest cars there were 19 seconds.
    Last edited by dj10; 05-21-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Unless you can find some way to travel into the past.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Sent my registration in today. Anyone... Anyone...
    The check is in the mail.

One last test, we're going to autocross it tomorrow and make sure nothing blows up. If that goes well I'll be there.

Most likely I won't spend the night. It makes points with my wife if I can be home overnight. Plus I don't have to leave for the track until noon on Sunday. I can get the lawn mowed.
    Jim Hardesty
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Good stuff. Looks like at least 5. Haven't heard from Jim R. Hopefully the axle is sorted.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by spdmonkey View Post
    Chris,
    Sorry you won't be coming. The Chief Steward is the person that ultimately makes decisions on grouping and the *potential* of a full bore ITR car is too much to run with ITC. Invariably one group will complain and want a split start which throws them further behind and ITC ends up getting 3 or 4 less laps to run. Is that fair? As it is they lose a lap or 2 to ITS. If 1 top gun ITR shows up it screws a lot of drivers. When ITR has the numbers in this division maybe it will tilt the scale and ITC will get dropped. The point of this weekend which Matt pointed out is to give REGIONAL drivers a chance to run M-O.

Dave Brown
    OVR-SCCA RE
    GLDiv Regional Champ Series Chairman

if you are concerned about ITC cars and track time...
    Here is another solution that I think makes more sence for the MEMBERS and for the region that has bills to pay... run ALL IT cars including ITR and make it a timed race instead of a lap count.

Just my .02 from an outsider that has nothing to gain or loose as I am not running any events at your track... although I LOVE your track and wich it wasn't a 14 hr tow for me I just feel bad for the ITR cars that are being built.

Stephen
    Last edited by StephenB; 05-24-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Good stuff. Looks like at least 5. Haven't heard from Jim R. Hopefully the axle is sorted.
    I'm definitely coming. car ran well at the autocross. Makes you appreciate online registration. There are either two of us or five, won't know until you get to grid for qualifying. This is my last race until IT-Fest and I heard you are scared to dent a rear fender so watch out...
    Jim Hardesty

What is the difference between a timed and lap count race, the C's will still be lapped and lose mileage on the track.

matt

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post
    What is the difference between a timed and lap count race, the C's will still be lapped and lose mileage on the track.

matt
    I guess the idea is to take the assumed time difference of a race run with ITS cars and one run with the faster ITR cars and add that time, in laps, to the number of laps originally scheduled. In this way, time on track remains roughly the same for all cars originally classed and the ITRs get to race.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    I guess the idea is to take the assumed time difference of a race run with ITS cars and one run with the faster ITR cars and add that time, in laps, to the number of laps originally scheduled. In this way, time on track remains roughly the same for all cars originally classed and the ITRs get to race.
    Yup exactly. All racers either fast or slow (FA, GT1, FF, T1, ITR, and ITC are all examples of cars that run drastic different lap times and get drastically different on track time to race) They all pay the same entry fee to help the region rent the track for a period of time, say 8AM until 6PM. So instead of doing races that are say 15 laps have all the races 30 minutes. This way each driver gets the same $$ value for track time regardless on how fast they can go. This possibly makes the scheduling easier by being "fixed" (unless unforseen incidents happen... for example a major reck that takes an extended time to clean up, or a passing thunderstorm). Everyone then needs to make sure they are good on track so they can try and get the most laps in and the most "green flag" racing as possible.

Sorry to but into another region as an outsider it's just an idea I've always thought we should do to help solve the problems listed above and help the region get the most value for the members for the time period they rented the track. The track doesn't give a discount back if you end early, they charge a rental for a period of time not a certain # of laps.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    I heard you are scared to dent a rear fender so watch out...
    Don't come near my precious quarter.:eek:
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor