Thread: Round 2 TeamDI Pro IT race at Pocono

Default Round 2 TeamDI Pro IT race at Pocono

I'm going to miss this one as well.
    Catch me on Sunday, I want to hear how it went and I should have some checks I hope.

Have fun!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

I will be there to video tape the race and put it up on YouTube. I will be sure to make great commentary about the people I like....if you have pummeled dents into my car in the past I will be sure to talk about your small peepee and why you wear thong underpants :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I will be there to video tape the race and put it up on YouTube. I will be sure to make great commentary about the people I like....if you have pummeled dents into my car in the past I will be sure to talk about your small peepee and why you wear thong underpants :-)
    wow...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

PS - ANDY BETTENCOURT - I have a certain gift from a Flatout Party that might need some REGIFTING to a lucky racer this weekend - please call to coordinate the GIFTING opportunity :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Is that 'thing' still in your trailer Ben?
    It is OK to ask, I'll be in church tomorrow!

Those FlatOut boys and girls throw a mean Christmas Party!!!!!! Time to race!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

More Pictures are posted HERE

Also, here are some videos I put together...its 3am, just finished them, nothing special video wise, but its some good racing!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBO06bKf1o[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVGyLo8bok[/ame]

Here is 3 small segmets from my point of view in the 2nd place finishing ITB Audi #50. I was very tired and learned that after 30 you can't drive all night to the track then race and do well. As you can see in the video I wasn't "on my game" and basically was just drivng and sadly not driving to win until the final lap which was to late

This is the start... gained a few spots and almost caught the 2002 BMW (First place starter in ITB )
    http://www.vholdr.com/node/25380

This is some video from the middle of the race. I was playing with those miatas and trying to to battle to tough as I really wanted to catch up to that 2002 that was off in the distance. I still couldn't resist at times! As you can see I didn't know the drivers of the miatas so I played safe and didn't do any bump drafting at all and lifted on the straights because I knew that trying to pass and going 2 wide through the turns was slower for overall lap and the 2002 would continue to drive away, I also knew that if I did get up beside them they could easily out brake me! On the final lap of this segmet you can watch as we get lapped by the ITS and ITR cars. I wasn't nearly as aggressive as I should have been and just waived them by losing a TON of time and it took several laps to suck back in the miatas. Anyway this is my fun with miatas.
    (Whoever drove the orange miata I apologize for the bump coming out of the chicane... the bump is here on video during the first time we go through the chicane, I never did find you to apologize for the scuff!)
    http://www.vholdr.com/node/25390

And the final lap...dramatic for sure as I almost caught the BMW! Note to all... I passed him after the finish but before the timing and scoring in turn 1 resulting in the provisional results showing me in the lead! I was honest and found Ken to get it fixed and thus I was the reason for the delayed results! Sorry about that! I still am convinced you lifted Ken but if not well that draft coming out of the last chicane worked wonders! I wish I was pushing this hard the entire race... I gained a ton of time on this last lap that I am sure was in my the previous 38 min. just not executed very well!
    http://www.vholdr.com/video/final-la...round-2-pocono

See you all in a few weeks!
    Stephen Blethen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    ....... I was very tired and learned that after 30 you can't drive all night to the track then race and do well.
    Stephen Blethen
    Sure you can, you just need to work at it more and practice! Burning the candle at both ends is a skill like any other!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Here is more footage from the exciting Pocono TeamDI Pro IT race - I stopped counting how many times positions changed over the course of the race!

Video comes in 5 parts plus Impressions and NARRC:

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Enjoy!
    Last edited by rthiele; 05-23-2009 at 11:47 PM.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com