Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
Bob,

2. It may keep some guys out of the series if they were only planning on doing one or two events, but then found out they needed a spec tire that was of a different brand than they already had.
My .02

R
This is a VERY good point and probalby the biggest point that sticks out in my mind as far as why we shouldn't do a spec tire. I have interpreted The goals of this series to increase car counts by encouraging "double dipping" and by piggy backing IT with other forms of racing like Nationals, ARCA, ect where we normally wouldn't have revenue from entries from IT. If we did go to a spec tire the cost would go up significantly for those that are "double dipping" and the extra events we run could no longer be considered of value for testing and tuning for someone that is running the NARRC series and may be using our series to "test and Tune".

Great point, could possibly have persuaded me back to anything goes! And yes I was completly all for a spec tire this weekend when the topic came up. This thread is excellent to see everyones thoughts, for and against the idea.

I still want to see a Tire Sponser for our series. Several if possible as it is my #3 expense and the only one in the top three that I control. If someone comes up with contingency money I will most likely be switching to them!

Stephen