Bob,

I agree if we run a Spec tire it should be to save money. Hoosier had spoken about using another compound other than the one most IT racers are running. I had the impression it was harder, lasted longer, and would be cheaper for us. I think that if Hoosier is willing to do a spec tire they should understand the advertising they will get especially if we run with World Challenge. They should then take that value and then give us back as much as they can! I think hoosier should look at us like a way to advertise their product not to make a billion $$. It seems as though (no actual fact on my part) that spec tires have often been more money or even gone up in $ since they had a monopoly type situation. Again that is speculation only.

So in the end... a great opportunity for hoosier to get exposure, and possibly if priced correctly (like 30% less than the current Hoosiers we run) then we could have a great partnership and I would be all for it!

Stephen

PS: I personally don't use a ton of "take-Offs" but I have already heard about the "take-offs" AKA used tire concerns as well. Some of our fellow competitors run on Free "take-offs" and I think it is a valid concern since not many would exist since onlyour IT cars would be running this new compound.