Thread: Seat?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Seat?

So, I got to fat for my seat I've had for 17years, and time for a new one. Any strong feelings/recommendations? I'm 6'2" 230. I've got a sparco sprint available, and I fit, but its a bit snug and the sides don't come up far enough. and there's no shoulder support. I like Sparco in general but would look at any similar brand. I've heard Kirkys are good, but I just don't like how they look - too dirt track for me. Thoughts?

I've been research seats and I'm going with the Racetech Viper seat. It was the basis for the new FIA seat spec and has the highest G load rating of current seats. Otherwise I would look at a custom aluminum seat. Seems the leading safety folks put more emphasis on a good seat these days.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

You might also want to look at the Cobra Sebring GT and the Recaro Pro Racer XL. The Cobra is a bit wider than the Recaro but both will probably fit you pretty well. Personally, I went with the Recaro as I preferred the fit for me. The Racetech's were nice but they were the same price or higher than I could find the Recaro and the fit wasn't any better. I'm about 6'2" and 205-210.

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

The Sparco EVO models come in large and even portly.........

Thanks for the tips folks.... Do you know if the mounting for a given brand is generally the same across race seats? - e.g. all sparco seat mounts are x" apart one way and Y" the other? (would make mounting and swapping easier..)

The Sparco and MOMO Seats usually have the same mounting pattern.
    Look at the Sparco EVO 3 that should be a good seat for your size.

Louis
    LTB Motorsports
    Louis Boustani