Thread: Daytona

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Daytona

Tell us about it!!
    Rob May
    I'll race anything....

Default Daytona

Rob... Don't know about the nationals, but as far as the ECR' s, total goat rope!
    From a tech check immediately prior to saturday's enduro, which caused some cars to lose their grid position due to being late, to black flag penalties applied mid race for infractions of rules that have yet to be written. All in all, amazing.

ECR
    El Cubano Rapido

had a blast. first time on the track. anyone heard anything about how the driver in the fire is doing?
    James Coyne
    CFR
    1987 VW Golf 16V STL
    coyneracing.com

Wow, what a mess. From what I saw and also listening to one the worker radios, here's what went down.

Problem 1: Something with timing and scoring got screwed up. They brought everyone in after the first lap. ...at least this is what we where told.

Problem 2: After the restart, there was a Miata driver that had some fire underneath the car. The Miata driver drove to the fire truck and they proceeded to put the fire out. This caused the race to be red flagged eventhough the car was off the track and fire was put out without any damage.

Problem 3: During the red flag, several drivers did not stop immediately. This caused a the whole field to be black flagged.

I don't know what happen while all the cars where in the pits but the workers got everyone back in line and the race resumed.

I went to impound after the race and every racer that tried to express their discontent, they got their butts chewed!

Racecar: 1992 Civic SI ITA/H4 (SEDIV #24)
    Owner: Design Garage - for all you t-shirt screen printing needs
    Good Guys: LAMIN-X Protective Films - Discount Tire 407.275.8133 - C.W. Pence Rebuilders 407.831.8197

Quote Originally Posted by Richy Gonzalez View Post
    I went to impound after the race and every racer that tried to express their discontent, they got their butts chewed!
    Count me in there. I felt like I had a legitimate gripe since there was no warning given to the lead cars before they were sent back on the track after the first black flag all. I had my helmet off, which may have been dumb, but every other black flag situation I've seen we got at least a short warning (if not a five minute). Needless to say I was steamed when a third of the field drove by... When I pointed this out at impound I got chewed out for the mess caused by a several other careless folks.

There is no excuse for blowing the red flag, especially when cars are parked all over the side of the track. But the officials should have called those folks in and lectured or penalized them, not the whole field.

Then there's the whole SM tire debacle. Once again the CFR folks show they have no respect for the rules, but that's not IT related so I won't draw that out here.

Grafton

What was the tech check that delayed the grid?

This is a shame, the CFR has some of the most professional workers anywhere, it is a shame that the reputation of all is besmirched by the incompetence of a few in the control booth.
    Gettin' old aint for wimps