Thread: Pro IT race results (NHMS)

Default Pro IT race results (NHMS)

Any results? Thanks in advance...Matt

From Stephens view for ITB...

I had a great start and squeezed Tim Mullen out so he couldn't get up beside me (Sorry Tim, I had to or else you would have had me into 3!) My biggest goal of the race was to get ahead of my Dad in the white ITS porche on the start but all I was able to do was get up to his back bumper But I was still in the lead for the ITB crowd On the start I passed several faster cars but they all picked me back each lap. As each lap passed I also watched my water temps increase lap after lap. It was as high as 270 by the 4th lap so I started to take it a bit easy coasting and lifting and trying not to stay directly or close behind the cars in front of me. At the time I was still in first and had hopes to maintain 1st however, this wasn't for long. The other ITB cars did catch me and eventually pass me. I kept the tempature around 250 or so which is still very high but I still had hopes of finishing in 4th. The temps actually got spiratic changeing by 20+ degrees. Then shortly after I ended up blowing a radiator hose and coming in. Tim and Raymond (my awesome crew guys!) made some modifications to get me back on track. At that point our goal was to make 50% race completion to gain the valuable points needed for the Championship. Tim and Raymond did awesome making some repairs and I did get back on track to complete more than 50% of the race distance! While that was happening Julie Melbin had a bad wheel bearing ruin her debut in her new car and she had to pull off. (She did get fast time for all ITB cars!) My repairs were fast enough for me to get back out and finish enough laps to beat out Julies total laps by 1 and get me 3rd place! Tim Mullen and Matt Baldoni duked it out and Matt finished on top with Tim on his tails. I heard it was very exciting and they swaped positions lap after lap! I only wish I was a part of it!

Here is a video of the race from my point of view!
    The start was pretty wild through turn 3 :eek:
    http://www.vholdr.com/node/24317

Congrats on a great 1st weekend for Pro-IT and to all that did well,
    Stephen Blethen
    2008 TeamDI.com Pro-ITB Champion!

Stephen - great video - thanks for sharing!
    hands at 10 & 2 - no shuffling ;-)
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

Default Wow

Awesome video, it did look a bit tight in turn 3 at the start.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

First of all....another great race by the PRO IT series! Thanks to Bob and the enitre TeamDI crew and sponsors for putting in the time and effort!
    And my hat is off to Matt Baldoni for taking his first ITB PRO-IT win and for 45 minutes of great, clean, aggressive, and TOO MUCH FUN racing! I know that I left nothing on the track, and that know matter how much I tried to make him make a mistake, he drove flawlessly the entire race......nice job Matto! I can't wait for the next race!
    Tim Mullen
    ITB
    Tim Mullen
    # 86 ITB
    2006 NERRC Champion - ITB
    2006 NARRC Champion - ITB

Thanks to Bob Zecca and the entire team for a great PRO-IT Race.

We made some last minute changes to the 14 car to try to address a
    lean condition in the front rotor, but either overcompensated, or
    missed the real problem. I spent the entire race unable to put my
    foot past 3/4 throttle, otherwise the engine would just die. I guess
    we'll have to do a bit more troubleshooting before memorial day.

Sorry if I got in anyone's way back in the pack, one particular memory
    is when Tim Klvana kept motioning me to go by on the front straight,
    and I tried, I really tried Tim, but with the go pedal only half
    way down.....sorry!

Great race Jeff, Rob and Matt!

Here is some video...not the most exciting, but I did edit out most
    of the really boring bits

http://video.yahoo.com/people/5915974

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Default This past weekend.

Dear Lady and Gentlemen,

Great racing this past weekend. Honestly the best race of the weekend with a large field, door-to-door racing especially going up the hill. You guys are nuts or should I say talented! This was our first event at NHIS and I must thank Jerry Rigoli and the incredible NER region and workers for putting on a very safe event. We had 25 cars and last year none so we will take it plus we helped make some money for the region and this is the reason why ProIT began, to help SCCA.

I would like to give my sincere thanks to Edwin of RaceShopper.com along with Chris of Hawk Peformance who were present at this event. These are our sponsors and not only do they sponsor us but they took the time out to come out and support us at the event and see and learn what we do. Edwin and Chris spoke to many competitors to learn about your needs and how they could be of help to our sport. They donated hats, tees, Hawk Blue brake fluid and Carb Cleaner to our workers and competitors alike. YES THE WORKERS GOT STUFF on behalf of our sponsors. This series is not only about the drivers but the workers who support us. We need to take care of them as well and we will. PLEASE support all of our sponsors in the future including RaceShopper and Hawk. These guys support us not only in good times but bad times as well. THANK YOU GUYS!

This coming weekend at Pocono is going to be great. We already have 39 cars and expect a field of about 45. Last year we had 28 cars. GORACINGTV.COM will be there televising the event and we hope to have a very famous Grand Marshall present as well. Please spread the word to other and lets get the field over 50 cars. PLEASE do not forget about the regional if you can enter that as well. NNJR needs the entries and we need to support them.

STEVE JAFFE who is the backbone of our series will be attending the event and saying hello to everyone. Steve takes care of the site, helps in the promotion and is one of the reasons for the success of our series. He runs and develops the TEAMDI brand so please say hello and thank him for his efforts.

Darrell Anthony will not be present on Saturday but lets make him proud. He started this whole thing and gives 500% to this sport and he is one of my mentors and great friends. I want to make this work for Darrell.

We are setting up Friday night and will be handing out a package from our sponsors to all competitors. See you there and THANKS AGAIN for all your support.

Sincerely,
    Robert Zecca
    www.teamdi.com
    Last edited by Robert Zecca; 05-05-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks Tim,
    That was SO MUCH FUN. You made me work very hard to get out front, and stay out there. I was trying to make that little car as wide as possible =) Cant wait to see the Golf out there.

Thanks to everyone that made the weekend happen. I had a blast!!!!!

Matt

TeamDI Pro IT Round 1 Results
    New Hampshire Motor Speedway

ITR

1 - Rob Breault - 35 laps
    2 - Robert Thiele - 35 laps
    3 - Robert Nimkoff - 34 laps

ITS

1 - Jeff Harding - 35 laps (overall winner)
    2 - Rob Driscoll - 35 laps
    3 - Matt Rooke - 35 laps

ITA

1 - Tim Klavna - 34 laps
    2 - Peter Faill - 34 laps
    3 - James Alley - 34 laps

ITB

1 - Matthew Baldoni - 33 laps
    2 - Tim Mullen - 33 laps
    3 - Stephen Blethen - 20 laps

ITC

none