Thread: Enduro sup. reg. standardization?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    If the rules writers want to make me sit there for minutes after using my fast dry break (11 gallons in less than 6 seconds) to help the guy with Jerry cans and an unleaded restrictor, fine - but they should say that's what the rule is intended to do.
    K
    Yes you are right Kirk, it is partially about handicapping or said another way trying to draw people into trying longer races without having to make the equipment investment that hardcore experienced team like your have developed.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Hold on there Dick. Just because someone has a dry break set up now, it doesn't mean that he started on day one with one. Many of us started small. After a few events, we began to get better at certain things and invested in technology where we saw an advantage. There has never been a level playing field in enduro racing. Today's rules let you start out with a minimum investment (oxymoron) in the longer races and you also have the capability of improving safety while gaining a refueling advantage. Don't legislate that away. O, next we'll all be forced to run on Sears tires cuz some race tires are more expensive than others and give you a lap time advantage.
    Regards,
    Chuck

Chuck, never said I was taking sides buddy, but I was trying to flesh out the thinking for the other side of Kirk’s position. I am not sure which is right but as a state’s rights guy I think regions should be able to tailor to what the locals want.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

This past weekend, I attended the Marlboro reunion at the Jefferson 500 being held at Summit Point. The Regional historian had tons of memorabilia on display and lots of video of the old FIA sanctioned 12 hour races at Marlboro in the '60s. There were multiple videos of pit stops. The car would screech to a halt in the tiny pits, and the driver would start climbing out. A crew member would flip open the Monza filler cap, put in a very large mouthed funnel and several crew members would begin pouring from 5 gallon steel jugs at the same time. My eyes bugged out as I saw gallons of gas being spilled all over the cars, into the cockpits and in some cases, all over the drivers. Someone would throw a bucket of water and off they would go. Nary a dry break or overhead fuel rig in sight. We've come a long way baybee!

No real point guys, I just thought you'd appreciate the story.
    Regards,
    Chuck