Thread: Enduro sup. reg. standardization?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If Topeka get's their hand in it we the racers might not like the result. What about having a list of standard items to be included in the sup's? Those writing the sup's can provide a clear set of rules would have a checklist to refer to. They might be different from the last race, but would at least cover all the bases.

People will make mistakes fueling no matter how good the system. Cripe, look at how many fires happen and fuel hoses get dragged down F1 pit lanes. And those guys are supposed to be the very best! There is no answer that will work across the board.

Greg - I've heard your light spacing comment before and usually you have good ideas on how to do stuff, but I think you're smoking on this one. Light spacing is only one part of the equation and would be difficult to engineer and enforce.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
    ... Light spacing is only one part of the equation and would be difficult to engineer and enforce.

Matt
    I disagree. After talking w/Greg about the a couple of years ago, I tried to be very cognizant of HOW I was judging distances (and change in time, or closing speeds) of cars in my mirrors. That measure is a HUGE factor.

And policing requires, uh... A measuring tape. The important distance is that between the widest-spaced lenses. And I'm not going to have a hernia over dead bulbs. We can only do so much.

K