Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
On the other hand at the summit 12 hour the teams are more practiced and pit work is part of the contest so different rules apply.
That's a very charitable way to describe it. It's also very inaccurate. The majority of teams are inexperienced or whose experience is little more than the one or two longer enduros.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
This is an example on which reasonable people may differ.

If the issue is "unsafe practices" then punish those who are unsafe, rather than imposing artificial time constraints. The latter takes our collective eye off the ball, and leaves the pit stop observer looking at a stopwatch rather than at whatever goofy thing the crew might be doing. And it's THAT THING that's going to start a fire: Not the time they do or don't take to do it.
At this year's Summit Supp meeting, I tried to either get rid of the minimum limit or increase so that it actually encouraged safety. IMO, the current limit doesn't mean anything to teams with dry-break systems (the car is full before the limit has expired) and encourages teams without the dry breaks to rush. My view was that if the limit was in-place to encourage careful, safe refueling, then the limit should be set with that in mind and if it was set to diminish the advantage of dry-breaks, then it should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
I have participated in a lot of enduros, from 2.5 to 25 hours in length. And i can't see ANY reason to require/have different rules as far as safety is concerned.
Size of the pit lane - i.e. a roval or a 1960s-era road course? If you are dealing with 40-foot pit boxes rules don't need to be as strict as when dealing with Summit Point-sized boxes. In the former, staging equipment and crew is less dangerous than in the cramped confines of Summit Point.

What kind of barrier is there between the pitlane and the crew staging area? Is it a concrete wall (ala rovals/professional courses) that will keep burning fuel from getting into the staging area or is it a single strand of armco (see Summit Point) that would allow burning fuel to run into the area normally used for gridding cars (and where teams are staged for the enduro)?

Quote Originally Posted by rsportvolvo View Post
I would like to see standardization on:
jacking requirements (jacking plates or air jacks)
We have standardization on this - see the class rules. IT cars cannot have either unless they came standard on the car.