Thread: Roebling Road???

Default Roebling Road???

Aren't you guys at Roebling this weekend?? Results guys, results! Inquiring minds need to know!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

All I know is that after I squeeked by to get a win at CMP last month one of you guys must have hired a Haitian witchdoctor to create a 240z Voodoo doll. My car was cursed all weekend...

Doing Saturday from memory... In ITS nobody had game enough for Andrew Charbonneau in his Miata. Second went to Corbin in the 87 Bimmer. 3rd was the evil handling 280ZX of Charles Perry followed closely by Jeff McCandless in the Rx7. Next was a close race with Chuck Hines rx7 and Ron E in the Z. I , of course, finished right were I started- dead last . If I got some of these backwards please correct me....

Sunday I have race results in hand. A.C. again in the Miata (yawn). The next 4 cars were ITA with a very fast Hoppe taking the class win. Then it was the Van Steenburgs with Kip edging Mike. Chuck Baader made the top 4. 2nd in ITS was again Corbin followed by Perry, Jeff Young in Earp's 260z, then McCandless in 5th. I actually made it to the checker with an ill running car. We had a great fight at the back of the pack to see who would be last. I managed to put a Bimmer and a 944 behind me!

ok... Jokes over.. No more motor curses!
    Last edited by Parrish57; 04-27-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Other interesting news McCandless (Steve E's old car) had an impressive save in turn 3 in one of the first laps on sundays race. Went off drivers right and somehow maintained a perfect drift with and got back on in time to get on the brakes.

I fogrt his name, but a red FP miata went off in turn 1 during sunday qualifing jumped the outside berm flew through the trees and ended up 10ft away from the pulbic roebling road.

Like it was mentioned before Hoppe in the ITA integra was really fast. In saturdays race he spun in 4 got back on track and worked his way from 6th or so back to first. Sundays ITA rac was much the same except Hoppe, and the VS team were fighting the enitre time.

ITB For the first time Out the satin black 914 in saturdays race spun in 1 and worked it's ay back to second place. On sunday's race it was a great battle between the toyota celica and ford mustang. both cars got down into the 1:24's I believe it was the celica that got the lap record, but the mustang had a nose in front at the finish line.

Sorry I am horrible at names only know the cars.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Jeff McCandless did a fantastic job of keeping the car under control during Sunday's start at T3. I think he had a bit of help getting off track though.

Awesome race on Sunday, here is Jeff Y's view from the Z. More later, got to run:

Part 1
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27OljziGwIQ[/ame]

Part 2
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hUvC0v7sA[/ame]

Part 3
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFLlX3s1Iks[/ame]
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 04-27-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Dang fellows, like post up some vids and stuff, I want to see some folks' in car!

My race from Saturday:

Part One
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMP5j3FEAhw[/ame]

Part Two
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Fu6vsuSbA[/ame]

Part Three
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k33tWGgb7VI[/ame]

Handling Sat was evil, no, I'd say very weird. Have to think about it to describe how it felt.

We had the front roll bar unknowingly on a rain setup and it was doing me no favors in T9. I just couldn't get the car to turn with strong power delivery. Fixed that bar and some adverse camber for Sunday's activities but the car was still a handful for Jeff's race.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 04-27-2009 at 08:35 PM.

I had a great run and nailed the setup on the car for the weekend. It was perfect and it showed. Those RWD cars had trouble putting power down and my trusty FWD would just get tossed into the corner, catch the crash, and slam on the throttle

Here is the HD video from the race, and my 1:22.2 qualifying lap

Race Part 1
    Race Part 2
    Qualifying 1:22.2
    -Tom
    Last edited by trhoppe; 04-29-2009 at 08:55 AM.
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

GREAT RACE!

trusty FWD would just get tossed into the corner, catch the crash, and slam on the throttle
    If I was just a little better at the "catch the crash" part, I'd have been able come over and play with you guys. This just became my "study tape", for sure!! Thanks for sharing it.
    George Bugg
    Huntsville, AL
    ITA CRXsi

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Aren't you guys at Roebling this weekend?? Results guys, results! Inquiring minds need to know!
    Hey Guys,

Check out the bonehead move that took me and another guy out on Sunday. I told the driver "thanks a lot" at the tech shed and all he had to say for himself was, and I quote " I didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident".
    ....I made no reply........ his lack of experience was obvious enough ( both on and off the track).

First Lap Sunday Incident

What happened to the car in front? did it get hit as well? the yellow car was obvious, however, the red car didn't seem to have issues till after the "accident".
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoe View Post
    Hey Guys,

Check out the bonehead move that took me and another guy out on Sunday. I told the driver "thanks a lot" at the tech shed and all he had to say for himself was, and I quote " I didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident".
    ....I made no reply........ his lack of experience was obvious enough ( both on and off the track).

First Lap Sunday Incident

Other than getting loose and trying to catch it , I am not sure what was so boneheaded about this driver. Sucks that he smacked those cars, no doubt, but I didn't see anything terrible irresponsible about his driving. Looks like a typical hook slide, he gets loose tries to catch, does, car swings out the other way and throws him into traffic. These days when I see the first oversteer, I start moving as far away as I can. I have seen too many cars over the years come whipping back in my path just like that.

Perhaps I am missing something.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    What happened to the car in front? did it get hit as well? the yellow car was obvious, however, the red car didn't seem to have issues till after the "accident".
    Steven,

.... I was in the Yellow Miata and Pino was in the Red Miata right in front of me. He had contact just enough in the right rear to send him off. Fortunately for him he did not have much damage. Wish I could say the same........ My car is hurt . Right door, rocker panel, and quarter panel are a mess. And the rear bumper, trunk, and subframe got damaged when the car went up onto the tire wall backwards.

.... I guess the sad part about this ( to me anyway ) is that the other driver wasn't man enough to apologize.......... I would have if the shoe was on the other foot....

.... Rickey Thompson
    NCR Driver of the Year 2007
    Last edited by Hotshoe; 05-01-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something.
    Tristan,

.... .... That is a great video. It shows what you should not do if you lose control on track and go off.

.... When I teach students, I always try to instill in them the thought that in a situation like this, you should first regain control of the car BEFORE you return to the racing surface... (Apparently this guy was not one of my students).

.....Glad to see you are joining ITR. When will you have your car ready?

.... Rickey T.

Tristan,

I think this is where some of the Miata critisizm is rightfully aimed. Breathe the throttle, miss a shift, lose a little traction - and you are about to lose 2-3 positions. This type of racing breads impatience. What I saw in that video is a driver who never lifted in hopes that he wouldn't lose too much ground.

Most of us are fully unprepared (especially in RWD cars) of the implications of full throttle on grass or dirt...especially when you are already out of shape.

Yes, it was a mistake...but it doesn't seem like teh driver knew WHY it was a mistake...and those will always repeat themselves.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Tristan,

I think this is where some of the Miata critisizm is rightfully aimed. Breathe the throttle, miss a shift, lose a little traction - and you are about to lose 2-3 positions. This type of racing breads impatience. What I saw in that video is a driver who never lifted in hopes that he wouldn't lose too much ground.

Most of us are fully unprepared (especially in RWD cars) of the implications of full throttle on grass or dirt...especially when you are already out of shape.

Yes, it was a mistake...but it doesn't seem like teh driver knew WHY it was a mistake...and those will always repeat themselves.
    I couldn't tell that he was full throttle, but then again, I couldn't tell he wasn't. Anytime anyone's car is damaged is sucks. Been there and done that, on both sides of the equation, unfortuneatly. But at least I apologize.

Ricky, not sure when the zx will be out. Hopefully mid summer. I have been so busy at work, it has been hard to get to the shop to put in the hours I need to be doing. But I'll get it out there sometime this year.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56