Thread: CRB requests - How long should it take?

Default CRB requests - How long should it take?

On 02/09/09 I submitted a formal request to the CRB for classification of my supercharged Focus in to STU. Nothing appeared in the March '09 Fastrack so in late March I sent another email to the CRB asking for an update on my request. I received an email from a person with a scca.com email address stating that it would be addressed on their next conference call in the first Tuesday in April.As of the latest May '09 Fastrack it still hasn't been mentioned.

I could understand this taking a while if they needed additional info, but I've not been contacted for any. How long does this normally take? Am I being unreasonably impatient??

Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

It can take a lot longer than you might expect, if the request you make brings to light additional issues that the ITAC and/or CRB feel they need to resolve along with, or prior to your request.

In short hand - sometimes it is more complicated than we think.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

STU isn't anything the ITAC knows anything about...

K

Whoops. I missed the class in reference. Is there an STAC? If no I guess just CRB is where the decisions are made.

My read on the rules, based on a once over several months ago, is that your car is classed by engine size/type, not by make/model, or based on previous classification in SCCA Pro World Challenge Touring Car, or based on classification in Improved Touring. STO or what ever the 'fast' Super Touring class is has specific car classifications.

You might be good to go right now.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

If you didn't get a response to your first request, it looks like it didn't make it to the right place, or fell through the cracks. Responses always get a feedback email stating they got your letter and have sent it on the the appropriate boards.

Secondly, a supercharged focus sounds like a wildcard to me. I know nothing about who classes ST cars and how it's done, but i bet that car needs a good looking at and some research before classing. (And, due to conflicts of interest, you might not be contacted for more info.)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com