Thread: No ITR at Mid Ohio restriced regional/national

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ITE is 'missing' from the list as well......
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

They leave ITR and ITE out on purpose because they're too concerned about the speed potential of those classes on track with ITC, ITB, and SM cars. I don't agree with it, but that's just what I was told last year.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin, I was told about the same crap last year, this is ridiculous. This comes from the same group that used to run GT1 with ITS at the OVR autumn classic before the Runoffs. If you look at the entry you will see that GT1 has Eproduction in their group, talk about speed differential!!! The ITS record is faster than ITR by ,8 secs currently. Do you think that 4 or 5 cars that would show up will be that big of a deal? I already sent an email to Matt Downing earlier and I urge anyone that thinks they should be there to do so as well. I would think they will need as many entries as possible to pay the bills at Mid Ohio or we will soon hear that SCCA can not afford to race there or entry fees will be going up considerably. I do feel that ITE should not be included as they have the potential to be much faster than ITC because their ruleset is almost run what you brung. But ITR is a normal IT regional only class with a specific set of rules and limitations in the GCR, should they not be included in a restricted regional for IT cars? I would like to see ITR grow but how will they if they cannot race?

matt miller ITS rx-7