Thread: No ITR at Mid Ohio restriced regional/national

Default No ITR at Mid Ohio restriced regional/national

If you guys who have put money into building ITR cars would actually like to race them (with the organization that you give money to for that priviledge)in May at the Mid Oho race, you are not on the schedule. I would suggest you start emailing or calling the people in charge and voice your displeasure. I hope by now there are 4 or 5 ITR's that would like to go race. Why in this time with the economy like it is in the MIdwest would OVR turn away money that would help pay BIG expenses at MO?

matt miller ITS rx-7

Hmm are sure that they were intentionally excluded, or is this a case of them inadvertently being left of the entry form.
    That can happen sometimes when entries are cut and pasted from older forms.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

ITE is 'missing' from the list as well......
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

They leave ITR and ITE out on purpose because they're too concerned about the speed potential of those classes on track with ITC, ITB, and SM cars. I don't agree with it, but that's just what I was told last year.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin, I was told about the same crap last year, this is ridiculous. This comes from the same group that used to run GT1 with ITS at the OVR autumn classic before the Runoffs. If you look at the entry you will see that GT1 has Eproduction in their group, talk about speed differential!!! The ITS record is faster than ITR by ,8 secs currently. Do you think that 4 or 5 cars that would show up will be that big of a deal? I already sent an email to Matt Downing earlier and I urge anyone that thinks they should be there to do so as well. I would think they will need as many entries as possible to pay the bills at Mid Ohio or we will soon hear that SCCA can not afford to race there or entry fees will be going up considerably. I do feel that ITE should not be included as they have the potential to be much faster than ITC because their ruleset is almost run what you brung. But ITR is a normal IT regional only class with a specific set of rules and limitations in the GCR, should they not be included in a restricted regional for IT cars? I would like to see ITR grow but how will they if they cannot race?

matt miller ITS rx-7

So ITR and ITE have no run group to race in? How do other regions (my own for example) seem to do fine with ITR in with ITS? Works great.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 04-19-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Ron, it is only a restricted regional, in this case only 1 group is for regional only made up of of IT and SM, but I still do not see a problem.

matt

I can't promise I'll be there if invited, but I believe ITR should be allowed to run the OVR weekend. ITE I can understand not having because only God knows what may show up from that class. But no ITR? Ridiculous!
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

I'm sorry that some people are unhappy with the decisions that have been made. We work hard to fit as many classes as we feel we can in to the restricted regional. There are also no open wheel regional classes scheduled. You can't make all the people happy all the time.....

OVR has picked up another regional weekend (October) like last year to try to give us 'regional' racers another chance to run at Mid-Ohio. OVR is working hard to ensure that regoinal racers have as many opportunities as possible to race! (and race at Mid-Ohio) Mid-Ohio is a world class facility and we are very lucky to have the opportunity to run there. Mid-Ohio (IMHO) pricing is right in line with what you will find at other venues of this caliber. Of course it is not cheap, but racing is not a cheap hobby...

Don't forget that all these races/decisions are run by volunteers. To anyone with a problem with the schedule: If you don't like something - get involved and make it better. Not an OVR member? I'll pay your regional dues for a dual membership! I'd be happy to take away any excuse I can for someone not getting involved. I'd also be more than happy to 'step down' and let someone else run the event and make it better!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Matt, thanks for all the hard work you guys do to get these races on the schedule and to see them through to completion. I just would like to see IT cars, all of them that are "normal" IT classes (not ITE) included. The speed difference just does not make sense given the rest of the schedule and OVR's past history of groupings. I do not have an ITR and I really do not give a dam if they are on the track with me or not, that being said you are probably turning away entries and will run much less than a full group. That is the part that I mainly have a problem with. Entries are down again all over and I expect this race to be the same.

See you at Mid Ohio,

matt miller ITS RX-7