Thread: 240Z Float Bowl Diapers

Default 240Z Float Bowl Diapers

Does anyone have a template for float bowl diapers? And what would be the best material to use?

Thanks...Robert
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region

Default age of child??

Dampners?? piston dampning fluid?

I don't quite understand the question. But it wouldn't be the first time.....

david
    30 year old ITS car

I want to wrap the float bowls with something, to try and keep some heat off the gas inside.
    Last edited by abq_redeye; 04-20-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region

Default insulation....

Hi Robert,
    I've seen some cut out sheets of foil backed insulation to wrap around the botom of intakes, carbs, and fuel bowls...secured by zip ties, or wire, etc.... after a few heat cycles, the cloth will get more brittle...
    I have seen these on many cars, but I'm not sure in my own mind, completely legal, so I stick with other stuff attached to the header...which is unrestricted in design...to a degree... May be a good thing to discuss here to get opinions. I'd love to wrap my intake with insulation... I'm just not sure I can. I need some lawyers advice on this one.

David
    30 year old ITS car

I can't remember the rule on painting/plating exterior surfaces, maybe you could use that to justify the "diaper," but even that is a stretch I think.

I think David S. is right though, while I wouldn't protest it, the safest thing to do would be to build a heatshield off of somethign free -- the header, or the air cleaners.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Great story of how things always take longer then they do....

David
    30 year old ITS car

Pretty easy to make a shield that attaches to your radiator and radiator ducting, which is free, as well as to your exhaust header, which is also free. The function it is performing isn't explictily illegal. That said, I'd never protest anyone that simply fabbed up a shield and attached it to the carbs. It is 2009 afterall and one needs to do what one needs to do to keep the dinosaurs running and more importantly running reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    The function it is performing isn't explictily illegal. That said, I'd never protest anyone that simply fabbed up a shield and attached it to the carbs. It is 2009 afterall and one needs to do what one needs to do to keep the dinosaurs running and more importantly running reliably.
    I agree Ron, and I to would not protest. Same results can be obtained via legal methods, so no biggie to me ethier...just easier to wrapem with stuff i guess.

david
    30 year old ITS car

Thanks guys, didn't realize it might be considered illegal. I'll go with the heat sheild options that have been suggested...Robert
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region