Thread: Shock mount trouble, any help?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, this seems right. I noticed that Flatout sells these as well. So the question now is whether or not the Advanced Design shock holes are the same size as the Konis.

Anyone?
    -----------
    '89 RX-7 ITS

Just spoke with Nick at Flatout. (Thanks Nick!) Who let me know that the AD shocks and the Koni shocks are different at the bottom, and the Koni/Mazda Motorsports mounts won't work.

So I guess it's back to Ground Control. Hopefully they've come to their senses about sending me the wrong part.

Unless anyone has these special Advanced Design tiny mounts they want to sell?
    -----------
    '89 RX-7 ITS

If I remember correctly I removed the stock lower shock mount from the hub carrier and got tapered spacers and put a very strong bolt through the tapered spacers directly in to the hub carrier. If you find that Ground Control has a different stud that goes into the hub carrier, please let me know. I have not had any problem with my setup in the 6 weekends I have used them. I will be checking the nitrogen charge before I take it to the track and I will let you know if they lost the gas from sitting over the winter. I had mine rebuilt last year by SRP and the nitrogen stayed in them for 4 months without any leaks at all. I agree it is a PITA to check the front nitrogen as you have to take apart the strut to get to the Schrader valve. You definitely need to check for leaks after every event.

matt