Thread: Fuel test port - Install?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Has anyone been tested?? I never have.
    With 10% ethanol, how good is the test??
    MM
    We check for the port itself a lot. the fuel test is pretty useless on off-track pump gas, though, and cannot ping a lot of additive compounds that might be used, even in track gas. (though it is a good test of one supplier's 110 octane vs. another, so for the GT/prod crowd it is occasionally useful as you have to run "event" fuel) There's a lot of work going into finding a better solution by indipendant tech inspectors and the club itself - barrier is cost. equipment is always available at nationals and championships / ARRC is always setup for fuel testing.

Maybe it time to lose the fuel port requirement for IT. I can see the SM and FV needing a fuel test @ a nats level race. But at regional races I dont think that the tech crew has the stuff or knowlegde to use it right. The fuel port is just another leak point, IMHO.
    If the region can't test the fuel properly, void the port requirement.
    makes sense.
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Maybe it time to lose the fuel port requirement for IT. I can see the SM and FV needing a fuel test @ a nats level race. But at regional races I dont think that the tech crew has the stuff or knowlegde to use it right. The fuel port is just another leak point, IMHO.
    If the region can't test the fuel properly, void the port requirement.
    makes sense.
    MM

Totall agree with the above +1
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

The only way i would see that it should stay is for the guys that do run the STU stuff. Although they are still IT they are running national races. Nationals are the only place i have seen fuel testing. But thats just me.

James
    James Coyne
    CFR
    1987 VW Golf 16V STL
    coyneracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmracer17 View Post
    The only way i would see that it should stay is for the guys that do run the STU stuff. Although they are still IT they are running national races. Nationals are the only place i have seen fuel testing. But thats just me.

James
    Our region is doing some testing at regionals, mostly because our SM group is super super super competitive and there has been some use of non-POG. New rules for '09 make that stuff illegal in our regional series, and they will be testing for it.

IT has not been tested here though. When I was national racing in SS & T I was tested 3-4 times a year. I don't miss it.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe