Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorial Monster at CMP

CMP was a blast this year and thanks for the region/crew for putting it on. Overall it is my favorite race weekend of the year although 2009 could have done with less of that wet stuff. Had a great time trying to race with everyone and really enjoyed it. My motor went out on Sunday a couple of laps from the end but it is only a flesh wound, it'll be back in action after tomorrow night. Plus, I have a Sam motor coming too for the next races.

Here is the ITS start (well, sort of, I missed the start) and a few laps from Sunday:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wfaGlyoQFo[/ame]

I made a few mistakes there in three and the carousel that got me left behind but thems the breaks.

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing everyone at the track the next time around. Chuck I found this gem there in the race footage too, nice save!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2G-vQUp3s[/ame]

Sorry about being there with the hurt motor but I thought I was going to be through the kink and track right before you guys caught me. I mis-judged that closing rate!! Glad you were ok.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 05-26-2009 at 02:56 PM.

I had a blast racing wheel to wheel with Charles (once a little too close). I got into the side of Charles when I ran out of talent and traction into 1 during qualifing Sunday. Real class act because we shook hands and had a very close race. IT racing still rocks!!

Not kidding Jeff Young about his spin, I was talking about loosing the cooling duct Sunday and melting everything. Every race we get a few more ITS cars out in the hands of new drivers and the class is getting very close at the pointy end. SIC should be one of the best in years.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

So the Rocket Scientist and the Lawyer are prepping their weapons for an all out assault. Does this mean they will be looking out their windshields at the rear bumper of a silver Rx-7 at Daytona, orrrrrrrrrrrrr?????

You boys hauling down or flying in?

The Datsun goes clankity clank.
    The Triumph goes breakity brake.
    ...and the Mazda goes Hummmmmmmmm.

Hey Jeff, I got rains.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Yes, but the question is do you have balls to lend me??? I need rain balls to race that bitch in the rain......lol......

Probably going to have to miss Daytona this year.....looks like no return trip until 2010.......and I'm expecting 2:16s when I come down next time due to Coach Dana + new FI motor......
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Awwwwww, mannnnnn.

Racing in the rain is no big deal. Just move your braking points back slightly. Oh wait...

Bwhaaa, haaaa, haaaa.

Racecraft rule #3. Don't follow.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Well, I wasn't trying to follow Mr. Steve E., I was trying to catch and pass him...and I would have done exactly what he did if I were in his shoes.....make time on me where he could (under braking).

But I do need to look up from that RX7 bumper....I guess I am still in shock that I have gotten the TR8 to the point where I can actually see it.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Yeah, like that's a place to pass an equal car.

Racecraft rule # 1. Be smart. Racecraft rule # 2. Blame others for your failure to follow rule # 1 and # 3.

Nice to see you at the front. The fun factor rises the further up you go.

Well done gentleman. You too Steve.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmarc63 View Post
    Awwwwww, mannnnnn.

Racing in the rain is no big deal. Just move your braking points back slightly. Oh wait...

Bwhaaa, haaaa, haaaa.

Racecraft rule #3. Don't follow.
    Thats coooooold Mark, but true!! I had to way over drive the car under brakes to have a chance off the corners with those torque monsters. In Jeffs defense I skipped the 100 ft marker that lap and just rolled the car in--hard to do with a solid axle car. Train wreck is close in power to the old black beast but still lacking in the handling department. Shocks need to go back to Speedsource for a little more love. Why don't you plan on the SIC this year so we can have some old fashion fun?? I know that is as far out of Florida as we can get you.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Hey Marc,

Probably a no-go on the Daytona tow down but we'll see as the time gets closer. Come on up to RRR though for sure, you know you want to!!

R

So Jeff Y, any in-car video of the new "Green Hornet" in action? Glad to see you doing so well in it!
    Last edited by Tristan Smith; 05-27-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Default Hossiers

Ron, in your second video that guy did a great save didn't he, oh yeah that was me. I was tring so hard to keep up with Jeff M., I'm am sooo glad we missed ya. If that was my 7 car with the Toyo's I would have lost it. Since I have been running this S car using these Hoosiers has been an eye opener. They seem like they are more forgiven, allowing you to save it, unlike the Toyo's which will give then let go, causing them to put you into a spin.
    Hey Ron I have my video loaded but I don't know how to attach here, can you help.
    Chuck

Chuck, no problem just a simple cut and paste of the You Tube URL. Here's Chuck's in car:

Part One
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ03IPyMAxM&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Part Two
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rit6VjIXhk&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Part Three
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyZVxNKtJZw&feature=channel_page[/ame]

What happened to Jeff M at 5:07 into that race in T1?

Dang, that looks like fun. Wish I had been able to make it this year. Chuck are you going to try and make it over to Nashville? If not, I will see you at Barber again this Labor Day!

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

You might want to buy your own brakes before the next race Chuck--Jeff M is going to get mad if you keep using him to stop in turn 1.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Default Thanks

Ron, thanks for loading my videos. I think Jeff at T1 just went a little too deep. He told me after the race that he wasn't going as deep as he could have. I figured he was not interested in doing that twice. I bumped Jeff twice myself at T1 when I locked them up. The second time was lap10 I think, on the 3rd video 2:15, I was still on the gas when he hit the brake, the closing distance was too close. Jeff I'm sorry for hitting you. Paul, I'm not going to Nashville, going to stay local and race Rockingham, oh bye the way yall the Carolina Cup will only be allowed 38 cars for that race, register early, register often. Steve I told Jeff that 8 brakes were better than 4.
    Chuck
    Last edited by BIG BOY; 05-27-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Couldn't agree more with Jeff. A great weekend and the weather made for some interesting tire choices!! Thanks CCR and everyone that showed up!!
    E30 318is ITA