Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Monster at CMP

Default Memorial Monster at CMP

The Central Carolinas Region will bring you the Memorial Monster at Carolina Motorsports Park on Memorial Day weekend. It will bring SARRC and CCPS races for the weekend along with both a time trial and an autocross on Memorial Day Monday (in conjunction with South Carolina Region).
    If you know folks who do F&C or if YOU can't afford to race and still want to go to the track, remember that the CCR pays for double-occupancy rooms at the Colony Inn in Camden and provides lunches on Saturday and Sunday for workers. There is even a rumor about discounted track time in the time trial or autocross on Monday!! Check the CCR site for details.

Scott Franklin
    www.NutDriver.org
    www.CCRSCCA.com
    ITA/7 #91
    SPU #68
    CCR BoD
    SWCCCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

quick link to registration. CCPS race will be before quiet hour on Sunday so you are not last race of the day for once. Gives you time to prep and get ready for afternoon race. Would any of you on the other forums please cross post the link. Had a real bear getting this race open so no late fees unless you wait until you get to the track. Might even be nice there if you have a good story This is a double SARRC/Double CCPS. Thanks.

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sediv...=3963&LMID=486
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Steve,

Muchos Gracias for the CCPS scheduling on Sunday.......it is truly appreciated!!!
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    quick link to registration. CCPS race will be before quiet hour on Sunday so you are not last race of the day for once. Gives you time to prep and get ready for afternoon race. Would any of you on the other forums please cross post the link. Had a real bear getting this race open so no late fees unless you wait until you get to the track. Might even be nice there if you have a good story This is a double SARRC/Double CCPS. Thanks.

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sediv...=3963&LMID=486
    Yet there's nothing on the CCR website?
    timo

Had a real bear getting this race open so no late fees unless you wait until you get to the track.
    DLB has a fine product, but you might want to switch to motorsportreg.com. Many are. We did last year and never looked back.
    Tom Sprecher

In the supps they mentioned that SARRC points are not accumulated. Please tell me what that means.
    thanks

SARRC points are not accumulated for the CCPS which are treated as restricted regionals. This is a Double SARRC and points are awarded. I thought us lazy drivers never read the Supps. No worries. As far as motorsports reg, still not to happy about their fee structure and how they treat withdrawn entries. Gets real expensive quick and we worked hard to not go up from last years price. I will not do anything that costs the racers more money, too tough to afford this already.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

I will agree that withdawn entries are costly. Since most drivers do not realize the cost the region incurrs when someone withdraws (if they paid with a credit card) maybe a fee to cover it is needed.
    Tom Sprecher

I just encourage them to pay with a check. In the long run it does keep the races cheaper. We don't cash until after the event so it works fine.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Steve,
    thanks for the clarification, that is what I had thought, but just wanted to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NutDriverRighty View Post
    ... If you know folks who do F&C or if YOU can't afford to race and still want to go to the track, remember that the CCR pays for double-occupancy rooms at the Colony Inn in Camden and provides lunches on Saturday and Sunday for workers. There is even a rumor about discounted track time in the time trial or autocross on Monday!! Check the CCR site for details.
    Scott,

Who does one contact to sign up to work F&C?
    Todd Cohen

I have had several calls from some competitors trying to just sign up for CCPS. Most are unaware that there is a second link on the DBL calendar if you just want CCPS.
    Here are the direct links to get you signed up.
    Happy Racing!
    Estus White

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sediv...=3966&LMID=486 CCPS only

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sediv...=3963&LMID=486 SARRC and SARRC/CCPS

Big thanks to everyone who came out and supported our race at CMP. Worker turnout was unbelievable with lots of new faces. What a great group !! Good close racing with some big groups. You all need to ask ITAC member Jeff Young about his new rain setup. That TR8 is wicked fast now with a new fuel injected motor and Jeff is on his game. Anyone have some Brembo's they would lend him? Most of the usual SE suspects were there and ITR better be ready for Kip V in his Porsche, he won overall in the Production group.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Big thanks to everyone who came out and supported our race at CMP. Worker turnout was unbelievable with lots of new faces. What a great group !! Good close racing with some big groups. You all need to ask ITAC member Jeff Young about his new rain setup. That TR8 is wicked fast now with a new fuel injected motor and Jeff is on his game. Anyone have some Brembo's they would lend him? Most of the usual SE suspects were there and ITR better be ready for Kip V in his Porsche, he won overall in the Production group.
    Fuel Injection is AWESOME, ain't it Jeff?! I wish I could a made it, but the Honda is still recovering from the Mothers day event. We just got it back from the frame shop, but still have to come up with a way to slow the car down better in the corners.

Jeff, I expect to hear some stories. Did you replace all that Lucas junk w "quality" Bosch products?

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

As always, had a lot of fun at CMP on Memorial Day, thanks to CCR for putting on a great event.....

The car and the new motor is getting there, still have some sorting to do, but things look promising. Just need to learn I can't follow Mr. Eckerich deep into a braking a zone!

See you guys at the track.....

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

As always with this group of competitors at the Monster made for a great event. I definitely enjoyed having the start moved to the back section. I personally think it makes for a much saner starting situation.

Even so I was still way intimidated on Sunday with the jockeying and runs up the outside. Ended up last after turn 13 but made up some places until my fueling again went hinky.

Boy, ya would'nt think plumbing in a reliable fuel system was such a challenge. By the end of the race my AFR was running 20 down the back straight I'm surprised the motor didn't melt down. Oh well, guess I'll dig through the whole thing again.

Many thanks to Steve/Vickie and all the other race officials for a well run event. Man, sign in and registration took like all of 4 minutes. Kudos.

Yippie, I finished two events w/o body work. Might actually be able to afford Hoosiers again one of these days and get up around the top group!!

Travers
    ITS 19

Default mylaps

Is mylaps up? I rented a car for the Sunday race, and so it doesn't show anything under my transponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlboro Mafia View Post
    Is mylaps up? I rented a car for the Sunday race, and so it doesn't show anything under my transponder.
    We will get the results on mylaps as soon as possible. We had a new timing chief and she was kind enough to stay around Monday and help SCR with their time trial. I will check this evening.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Default I love racing

Wow, that was a great weekend. I am so thankful of how yall boys in the ITS have made me feel welcomed into this new group for me. On Saturday because of the rain, watching the cars in front of me looked like cats on ice, however with skill. Sunday was awsome for me cause of a great start, went from starting 19th to finishing 5th. My races on both days with Jeff #30 and the red BMW #61? was great. Hope to have some video for yall soon of Sunday's race.
    Chuck

I had a good weekend racing with you guys. Good group, lots of fun.
    I found another problem with one of my shocks, so still chasing the oversteer............but overall a good weekend.
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx